I bought a mole removal pen. Mod ideas/suggestions

Hello Everyone,

I’ve been lurking hairtell for YEARS. I initially wanted to try the diy onetouch route but didn’t have time. I went for a few professional sessions and the cost and distance aren’t feasible for me for a significant amount of time to get results. So…

After watching many videos and reading reviews, I think a mole removal pen has great promise to be effective. I bought a “Coslife” 6 level pen. It came with 5 small needles which are too large for electrolysis so does anyone have any ideas or suggestions for modifications in order to use proper electrolysis needles?

I do not know this exact unit. However, these types of products are designed to coagulate outer “dry” skin. Adapting an electrolysis need to the thing and inserting into wet tissue would probably vaporize a nice hole in your skin.

Years ago, in Belgium, a student showed-up at our class with a “new” electrolysis machine. She thought she knew the power output, and inserted into a leg hair on her “model.” The thing blew a dry hole in the person’s skin. No blood, just a 3mm hole the full length of the needle. And it sent up a plume of smoke too: poof! Lovely!

I’m surprised that these mole removal units are legal in the United State. Are they? Who gets sued when a client zaps her melanoma and later dies from not getting proper medical treatment? Where is the FDA on this beauty?

Our own Dee Dee has just completed a class on skin cancer (melanoma) and I hope she weighs in on the issue.

Thank you for your opinion and input.

Perhaps measuring the power output of each (6 available) level with a multimeter will provide a better idea of what the unit is actually capable of…

I have to say that dermatologists engage in pure robbery here in the states. I have 6 skin-tags to remove and I went to 2 doctors. One was doing me a favor of charging $650 and the second one wanted to charge $900. The procedure time would be 15 minutes at most.

it might even take less time than that with a hot electrolysis probe.I’ve done it a few times on family members/friends but never in the office because I’ve never been specifically trained in it .It’s not a difficult procedure and there’s no pain involved.

I have had a very similar experience. 2 tags removed with one leaving me with a horrible scar (larger and worse looking than the tag) cost me around $600.

So you’ve used an electrolysis probe to remove moles/tags. Well, I’m hoping to use a mole/tag remover for electrolysis.

I should have some time next week to see if I can get a measurement on the power output of each level. I still haven’t quite figured out how to get electrolysis probes to fit in it yet.

Also, any idea as to why I’m not getting notifications when someone replies to my thread?

Dont do it.First off, radio frequency would need very specialized equipment to determine output.Ifyou want to do thermolysis, buy an electrolysis machine! The calibration is not going to be anywhere near right,and Michael is right, you will blow a hole in your skin.

defur,

You will have notification only if you received PM(private message).

About your device:
1 Do you have technical data sheet?
What is the output power,frequency etc.
2.Is this device FDA approved?
3. Do you know what power is needed for electrolysis?

If you accommodate smaller electrolysis probe(needle) you must calibrate your device.Do you know how?

With the same power used, the smaller probe will be “hotter” so you have to decrease the power to have the same result as the bigger probe.

You have 3 alternatives:

1. Redesign completely your device to be useful for electrolysis using knowledge which I am not sure you have.
  2. Buy real electrolysis machine.
  3. Go to professional electrologist.
    Your skin, your choice.

Dimi

So what areas of yourself are you trying to treat with this thing?

“I have to say that dermatologists engage in pure robbery here in the states. I have 6 skin-tags to remove and I went to 2 doctors. One was doing me a favor of charging $650 and the second one wanted to charge $900. The procedure time would be 15 minutes at most.”

I have certification for removing skin imperfection including skin tags but I charge 40$ for 20 min. It needs seconds to remove one skin tag.
Hmm,maybe I should change my price to 400$. LOL

Dimi