I am scared I wasted my time and ruined my face

Hi my name is Max. I am a trans woman and I am worried about my electrolysis process so far.

For some background I started going to a local electrologist for one hour, weekly-biweekly sessions around the middle of August. At the time I still did not realize I was trans and just knew I despised my facial hair and how dark my upper lip looked. I am younger (early 20’s) and at the time I was even more impulsive than I am now. It was I did not truly know what I was getting myself into but started anyway because I just wanted something done about it.

It is now 5 months later and while I do notice a decrease in hair I am unsure if I am making good progress. I am particularly concerned about the shade and if I have any irreversible skin damage or darkening on my upper lip and chin. I am mixed ethnicity, my dad is black and my mother is Asian so I am worried about hyper pigmentation as well. I also notice small pock marks and some scarring? I know my skin isn’t the best but I am wondering if this is a result of electrolysis.

I am also concerned if I chose the wrong electrologist. I never tried any body else because we got along well and she is a transwoman as well, so I felt comfortable. But as I went along I began to have doubts. How long does it usually take to clear a face? She usually is not able to clear my whole face in an hour recently but this may be due to me not being able to come in weekly. Is this normal? We usually only do the upper and bottom lip (biggest source of insecurity) and then as much as my chin as possible for the remainder of the time. We have not really worked on the cheek area at all but I do not grow much hair there so I thought it was fine. I would sometimes notice she would pull on my hairs but I am not sure if she was plucking or just readjusting them and checking if they were long enough to zap. I trust her but I am just looking for some more opinions from professionals to tell me if she has been doing a good job because I honestly cannot tell.

I am about to move to San Francisco soon so tomorrow will be my last appointment with her for the time being. I am going to have to look for a new electrologist anyways but I would like some feedback on my journey so far.

Today (1/29/22)

I apologize I cannot seem to add pictures as the site tells me new users cant add more than one. Any feedback is greatly appreciated thank you!

Maxy, I’ve replied to you elsewhere. Can we delete this thread so that we dont have duplicate threads? I can do it for you.