I am going to buy a second hand epilator A.R.Hinkel

A.R.Hinkel Electro-Blend Electrolysis/thermolysis machine - $250>>>

Is there anything I should ask the seller before I pay?

thanks for any tips

</font><blockquote><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>quote:</font><hr /><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>Originally posted by victoria:
A.R.Hinkel Electro-Blend Electrolysis/thermolysis machine - $250

Is there anything I should ask the seller before I pay?

thanks for any tips</font><hr /></blockquote><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>WOW … assuming everything on it still works, I would jump on it.

This should serve as a reminder to do-it-yourselfers that there are plenty of machines out there whose main fault is they are not computerized enough for today’s electrologist.

I hope others will correct me if wrong, but these machines are entirely solid state – that is, they simply don’t wear out.

My guess is that if anything has gone bad, it would be the potentiometers (what’s turned by the front panel knobs): They can get dirty and corroded inside, resulting in abrupt changes as the knob is turned. You hear this as a crackling noise when you turn the volume knob on an old stereo. This can be easily tested with a handheld meter.

Also, there’s the miscellaneous junk like whether plugs and connectors are worn and make intermittent contact. Or whether the foot switches work okay.

Good luck!

the person who is selling that is in CA and I am in NJ… so I dont know if he will ship it just yet

I also found this ad in NYC for Apparat $600

no matter what you buy, you should get it checked out and tuned up once it arrives. You are lucky, in that the Berkowits School in Forrest Hills NY is close, and services all makes of electrolysis machines.