I Am Amazed and Thrilled!

I bought a Braun Silk-epil Eversoft after reading many recommendations and I just HAD to post… it’s only been 5 minutes since I finished using it for the first time!

I was nervous to try it after the excruciating pain I experienced with the Epilady years ago. I could never get past a small patch of hair on my lower legs. I’ve never waxed my legs (just my bikini) so they haven’t been desensitized over the years. Just now, in about 30 minutes, I cleared both legs to mid-thigh and I can’t wait to finish tomorrow! I only stopped because I need to go to bed.

Thank you for this wonderful forum! It’s difficult to share how happy I am with my purchase through a keyboard… but this epilator was worth every single penny in my opinion! :grin:

[ October 23, 2003, 10:06 PM: Message edited by: Pam ]

hey Pam, I just bought a braun silk-épil eversoft too!!! (model 2370)

After reading TONS of reviews I opted for braun, it was the brand with better reviews…
I used to wax, but the time and money made me search for another alternative. Shaving was a problem for me because I’m VERY light skinned and my hair is VERY dark… so after shaving, my legs would look like a cactus…

I was very afraid to use the epilator at first…but after my mom, dad and brother tried it (and were like “it doesn’t hurt a bit!”) I tried it on my knee…it didn’t hurt as much as I expected…
I haven’t waxed in like 3 months so I was really hairy. I used the shaver head that comes with the epilator, and then I began epilating… now I have both lower legs hair-free and soft!

My mom loves the machine, because , like you, she tried the epilady way back, and she said the pain was so horrible that she gave the thing away. So she was skeptic with this one, till she tried it!

No more waxing for me!

Thanks for posting Marilina! I’m still super impressed with it and seeing awesome results. I started out epilating every other day just to make sure I got everything and even ventured into my bikini area… I’m now waiting about 3-4 days with no discomfort - even in my bikini! :relaxed:

I have noticed a few ingrowns (only in my bikini area) but I’ll take these rather than the rashes and stubble-the-next-day anytime! :wink:

Does anyone know where I can order some Tend Skin using PayPal?

Pam

No more waxing for me either! What a mess!

I have recommended rotary epilators to several friends who have said it was the best investment they made that year.

I am delighted that it was useful for you! I bought mine in 1997 and it’s still going. Only trouble I had was my little cat chewed through the cord, but a friend of mine fixed it!

Everyone is welcome to post their results, and remeber, it’s important to exfoliate and moisturize between treatments to help avoid ingrowns! I recommend Tend Skin as strongly as I recommend a rotary epilator, and I don’t get a thin dime from either of them!

</font><blockquote><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>quote:</font><hr /><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>Originally posted by Andrea:
<strong>I have recommended rotary epilators to several friends who have said it was the best investment they made that year.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>Amen! Thanks again Andrea for this wonderful resource… :stuck_out_tongue: (that’s a kiss, not a razz)!

>I recommend Tend Skin as strongly as I recommend a rotary epilator
Would you recommend it for me? I am a male and I have fine (not so fine, but a lot finer than my beard) hair on my neck that continue to my chest. The difference is I use scissors to cut the ones on the neck every other day. So would you recommend Tend Skin or rotary epilator for me? Would it hurt?

Rotary epilators are not a good idea on male facial hair unless it is VERY wispy, but it’s fine on the chest. Rotary epilatores are best for arms and legs.

</font><blockquote><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>quote:</font><hr /><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>Originally posted by tincup:
<strong>So would you recommend Tend Skin or rotary epilator for me? Would it hurt?</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>Hi Tincup, I’m patiently waiting for my TendSkin to arrive so I can’t recommend it (yet)… but if you have ingrowns or bumps with your skin after (any type of) hair removal it sounds like a great product.

:smile:

Thanks a lot for your replies.
Andrea, would Jergens hair minimizer work for me? I don’t want to shave with the blade because I am from a tropical place and any amount of sweat tends to burn; and therefore I prefer to just use the low tech formula of scissors.

Andrea–I’ve seen numerous comments about it being a bad idea for men to epilate their face. What is the reasoning behind this?? I’m not doubting you–I’m just curious. I’m dying to find a way to reduce my shaving frequency. I know the first epilation would be intense and painful, but after the first it seems the hair would always be fine and wispy if you maintained it (epilated every 3 or 4 days).

I think Andrea says this because beards tend to be very dense. Because the hairs are so close together and also fairly coarse, epilation would probably cause a lot of redness and bumps. The hair is dense enough that it probably would only last a few days, but after the first few epilations, the beard would not be as dense because different hairs would be growing in at different times.

Yes, I tried a rotary epilator on my face once and it did cause bumps and redness that was quite noticeable for 2 days and took about 10 days to completely go away. And in an hour I only got maybe a third of the hairs epilated. Facial skin is very sensitive in some people. I am having electrolysis done on my face right now but I use an epilator on my legs, have used it every 2-4 weeks for six months now, and still have some redness and bumpiness after epilation that usually disappears within a few hours.

I’ve read other posts by people who say they have had success with waxing their beards, or using rotary epilators. Many people however, will find it extremely difficult and excruiating. If you are going to epilate your beard, I would recommend waxing a “test patch” such as your chin or larynx the first time to see how you react. Then you can decide if you want to continue epilating or find another option.

Male facial hair is too dense and coarse for a rotary epilator. It is possibly you could tear your skin or cause permannt skin damage. Even plucking hairs one at a time with a tweezer is not a good idea.

Andrea:

If there is a possibility that rotary epilators or waxing for male facial hair can cause permanent skin damage, you should put a warning on HairFacts about that possibility. Probably not many people are aware of it.

I have been around all of your websites and they contain wonderfully valuable information. But this is the first time I’ve seen a warning like this about using rotary epilators on beards. I just want to make you aware of the omission. I respect you very much and I hope you will continue to serve as a consumer activist for many years to come. You have certainly helped me a great deal.

I am an 18 year old male with creamy brown skin and very black hair and I HATE facial hair. It looks very bad on me too.

Before I was even aware of sites like this, i purchased a rotary epilator. It was an emjoi model.

I was stupid enough to use it on my beard and larynx and now there are little bumps and little dark brown/black spots where hair was epilated from and they do not go away. The skin there has become very rough.

I think I’ve permanently damaged my skin and it really depresses me now. Does anyone know what I can do about it? Maybe a dermatologist could help?

just ignore my post above, i started a new topic on it, if the moderators could delete it would be good.

so sorry about this.