Hyperpigmentation Questions

Hello,

I had half my lip done with blend electrolysis and two weeks later I still have redness and even hyperpigmentation from the procedure. It was the first time she had done so much in this area. Additionally, it’s been about a month since I’ve had electrolysis on my stomach and I see each hair follicle a little darkened and it looks like pricks.

A couple questions I have are (1) how long will it take to go away? (2) what can I do shortly after each session to prevent hyperpigmentation (what types/brands of products should I use? What type of products should I use between sessions to prevent hyperpigmentation?

For your lip: I don’t have a photo of your lip to see, but I will say from your description it will heal and don’t have another treatment until it does. Give your electrologist feedback. They may want to make adjustments.

For your abdominal area, little dark spots are to be expected. They will fade away beautifully. How long will it take to fade? Probably several weeks to several months, but they will fade.

I like cold-pressed, organic aloe vera gel applied immediately after electrolysis on facial areas. If your electrologist does not offer refrigerated aloe vera gel, take your own. Try it and see if you like it. My clients do very well .

Something like Aquaphor on you body area is nice for aftercare.