how to reduce swellling

When I did not take any ibuprofen my electrolosys was only able to get 3/4 of the upper lip completed becuase of swelling. I took two ibuprofen and she was able to complete the whole upper lip. Also I feel that it helps me get thru the pain.

Only 2 ibuprofen? Your tougher than me!

Seriously, most otc ibuprofen delivers a 200 mg dose per tab. The generally accepted safe dose is 800 mg, so you can take up to 4 tabs at once. I load up 45 min before each electrolysis or laser session and it really helps w/ both pain and swelling.

For those who don’t have a problem with pain, but want to limit swelling, an Anti-Histamine would be just fine. You don’t want to mix medications however, so if you are taking ibuprofen, do not take anti-histamine separately.

hmm, I might try that…I know nothing about anti-histamines, are they topical or pill form?

pill

hi, what is the name of this anti-histamines? and how long will it take before i see effect?

Benadryl is an anti-histamine, there are no negative interactions associated with ibuprofen. Here is a website with more info. http://www.drugs.com/drug-interactions/benadryl-allergy-with-ibuprofen-896-470-1310-0.html

There are also anti-histamine creams. Keep in mind that even the creams get into your system, and that anti-histamines can make you very drowsy. Some people take Benadryl as a sleeping aide.