how to maximize laser hair removal?

I’ve heard that it is best to space out laser treatments to about five weeks between each one so that the hair is treated during an active stage of growth.

Does the initial laser treatment do anything or is it all the treatments afterwards that are effective because the hair is growing back each time?

Is there a way to get the hair to be in the active stage of growth before the first laser treatment to make it more effective (i.e. plucking or shaving a few days before laser treatment)?

Does using other hair-removal methods (plucking/shaving) make laser treatment less effective?

Plucking NOT good when you are about to go for a treatment. By plucking you are essentially eliminating that hair from being treated. The more hairs in active growth the better. Plucking basically “resets” the hairs growth cycle.h

There are definitely, for me anyway, results from the first treatment. What I did was, I stopped plucking a month before my first treatment. Of course I had to groom so I purchased one of those little electric razors that they sell in CVS, Walgreens, Eckerds, etc for like $10. As long as you avoid hair removal that yanks the hair out of the skin, it is OK (waxing, plucking, threading, etc).

Shaving before laser treatments makes them more effective. Less hair above the skin means the laser can target the follicles below the skin more effectively. There is also less chance of burning.

I always shave with a blade in the shower before laser treatments.

The time interval in between treatments depends on the laser being used and the length of the growth stage of the hair in the treated area. Generally, the recommended treatment interval is 8 to 12 weeks for the Lightsheer and Lyra-i.

If you space the treatmenst too close together, you will be wasting time and money. You would be treating more hair that is not in the growth stage. This will result in weakening of the follicle rather than destruction. The hair will grow back finer and lighter, making future laser treatments less effective.

RJC2001