How to get at a very deep ingrown hair

There is a black ingrown hair about a cm from corner of lip—just one follicle, but a thick beard hair—just an oddity that this one folllicle sprouted horizontally—always have. Incidentally I Had a few in the pubic area with the same issue—dark outline under the skin from the thick hair—but I got those out successfully as they were in a no facial area.

some years ago I was able to get at it by picking my skin, thankfully no scarring after what seemed an hour but of course it grew back & there is a dark outline of it showing always. I’d like to dig it up again. Is tend skin the best way forward or do you have some tips? & tips would be appreciated as It is very deep but thick enough I can see the outline all the time from the surface.

I should note I was able to successfully extricate an identical problem on the other side & zap it

Are you an electrologist? Reading your last sentence it sounds like you might be one?
Wait as long as you can like one month if possible. The longer you wait it seems it can be easier to get out. It will grow a bit more under the skin and maybe rise closer to the skins surface. If it is a closed pore than an electrologist or aesthetician maybe can lightly open that area with a sterile probe, one time use disposable lancet or sterile forcep or sterilized pointed tweezer to help loosen it. Be sure to clean the area before & after with an astringent like witch hazel or 70% alcohol for skin. And follow up for a few days after hair removal with astringent. I’ve seen in many cases leave the alone and it usually works its way out.

Magnesium sulphate paste is excellent for drawing out ingrown hairs. I get mine from Amazon, but any pharmacy should stock it.