How short can the process realistically be?

(background: transwoman starting facial electrolysis for the first time)

I had a consultation today and the electrologist said it could take about 20 hours total to get full, permanent clearance…with each session lasting a maximum of 1 hour each week, including the 1st one.

To me this seems extremely low. In the past, I’ve heard that women who also have fuller growth take 100s of hours over the course of a year or 2.

Does modern technology really allow it to be this quick, or should I think finding a different electrologist?

Without knowing density of facial hair it’s hard to tell if her estimate is realistic as some facial hair patterns are very sparse. But if we’re talking about a fully developed beard then no 20 hours total is very unlikely. At minimum 50-100 hours (+)

2 Likes

I’ve done some very sparse cases in as little as 60 or so hours.On average most transgender beard removals take anywhere from 100-150 hours, and I have had one case stretch over 500 hours.

3 Likes

A bit of math can be a good tool, get a coin and put it on your face where the hair is growing at an average, with an eye liner or make up marker draw a circle, count the hairs within that circle , how many circles your face would entail and this will give an estimate of hairs on your face. First pass may take 10 - 15 seconds per hair , 2nd pass 8 seconds per hair, then if a 3rd but unlikely , under 5 seconds per hair. It generally takes 2 years at 1 hour per week , being 100 hours or so for full coverage :wink: Hope this helps.

1 Like