How often do you replace Venus/Mach 3 blades?

Although I love the Venus, it’s obscenely expensive. (At my drug store, it’s gotten so you have to ask for the blades at the counter; in other places, I’ve seen them behind an alarm-rigged plastic case.)

I tried the slightly cheaper Mach 3, but found it less helpful in terms of preventing cuts – too much surface area on legs, and I seem to mutilate myself right above the (actual) Achilles heel.

I am prone to skin irritations, and don’t want to exacerbate existing problems or cause new ones. But using a new blade for every shave is hurting my wallet. Would two shaves per blade be unwise?

Maybe the wisest thing to do would be to give up an extra ten minutes and use a cheaper razor, but a new one each time. I had gotten used to the careless movements the Venus lets you make, but maybe I have to just remember my station and suck it up…

I have used the Venus for 3 body shaves with no problem. But I have almost no chest hair, so a body shave for me is legs and arms. I have had two laser treatments on my legs so there is less hair there than usual. Some get up to 6 shaves on a high quality blade like that.

Ankles are very easy to cut. Fortunately I have no hair on my ankles. I had very few and when I got laser treatments, my practitioner treated those areas very aggressively.

I think you could get at least 3 maybe even more uses out of a Venus. Have you tried the Vibrance blades? You can use them on older non-vibrating handles. The vibrating handle cuts down on irritation and cuts, whether its a
Vibrance or M3 Power razor.

RJC2001

I would say I use a Venus blade for amost 2 weeks, shaving almost every day, for my entire bod. I shave everywhere, and am moderately to lightly hairy. I use a Mach III for my face, separately. They last until the various strips lose the colour, then you know they are finished, and they begin to feel dull about then anyhow.

V.

I would say I use a Venus blade for amost 2 weeks, shaving almost every day, for my entire bod. I shave everywhere, and am moderately to lightly hairy. I use a Mach III for my face, separately. They last until the various strips lose the colour, then you know they are finished, and they begin to feel dull about then anyhow.

V.

That’s a lot of shaves for one blade! Do you wait until the blade drags and/or cuts or until the quality of the shave decreases?

These new high-tech blades are so thin I wonder how long they last compared to previous blades like the orignal Mach3 and Sensor.

RJC2001