How much does plucking affect electrolysis progress?

Hi there!
I have been doing electrolysis on my chin for almost a year now, my sideburns for ~8 months, and I don’t feel my chin has made nearly as much progress as my sideburns, which are basically gone. I do have PCOS and I know the chin area is much more sensitive to androgens, so it could be purely hormone related. But I never touched my sideburns before electrolysis, and my chin I plucked incessantly probably every day for around 3 years before finally starting electrolysis. Could my progress be affecting just by the amount of plucking, or because of my PCOS? Some combo of both?

For reference, I am doing thermolysis—my electrologist uses a machine that has an “automatic” setting (not sure how to describe it, but she selects Chin on a screen and the numbers are pre set). I wonder if these settings are simply too low for the type of level my chin hairs might need because of the plucking.

Any help or insight is appreciated. TIA!!!

plucking DOES make a huge difference. You’ve factored the hairs coming back not only with your PCOS which is generating new follicles, but now you are removing the possibility of treating every hair plucked for a minimum of 1 growth cycle and also, are risking complications due to ingrown extractions.
A famous electrologist once said : “Only pluck the hairs you want to keep!”

If you wan tot make progress…Dont pluck. You are omnly delaying and obstructing your treatment.

Hi! Thank you for your reply—I should’ve been more clear in the post that I do not pluck at all anymore and haven’t since I began electrolysis! I only shave or trim in between sessions (though maybe this also has an impact on the growth?) I thought it might’ve been the years prior of pulling the hair that might be affecting visible results. :slight_smile:

Years of plucking will increase the growth. It also sets the hairs to grow one cycle after they were last pulled. I find that most pluckers, do so VERY regularly and this means that you new hairs coming out…about daily as well.

Years of plucking can also distort the hair follicles. The presetting can be adjusted. I start off with Thermolysis but I have made adjustments with some of my clients by either having them come more regularly and or adjusting the setting to blend. If you have a lot of hair and PCOS I will start with once a week after we begin to see progress and the hair is not growing back as much or as fast the treatment time gets less and less and appointments are spread out longer. How often do you go!