How many wax sessions until it hurts less?

I was wandering how many wax (or sugaring) sessions it took until it starts to become a tiny bit more bearable because I want to be able to start at-home waxing (waxing on myself), since the salons are so darn expensive (almost 200$/ session).

Thanks for any replies.

what areas are you going to be waxing

full legs, underarms, bikini, arms, face, stomach and lower back. (And i’m am going to be sugaring with the paste)

Ive heard it can take four or five depending on how well you manage to get the hair up by the root :frowning: Hopefully by then your hair is growing in fairly uniform cycles meaning longer gaps between having to wax. Sometimes laser can be an option for some areas, like underarms and bikini, fairly cheap if you have thick, dark hair.

waxing myself was unbearable and it also hurt
if you find a partner to help, it’ll make a big difference
as crazy as this sounds, you are supposed to slap the skin after removing the wax and it takes the sting away, it works

i used to wax my legs myself and made big messes
have olive oil handy for after the waxing
so that it loosens the wax that wouldn’t come off
of you, the floor, the furniture, and the dog who
got in the way

you will probably get ingrown hairs so have tend skin available

i had to wax every 6 weeks to make an impact

i decided to get electrolysis after all that

I wax my chest regularly, at first it really, really hurt, but then after 5/6 times, I guess I started to get used to the pain and I could deal with it much better. I used to shave, but I would have to keep shaving every 3/4 days, so I turned to waxing and haven’t looked back since :slight_smile:

Spammer - Posted same message on three different forums with link to sugaring product and services.