How many full clearances are needed to start “maintaining”

I have been getting electrolysis somewhere and they do a great job but they go section by section and are expensive. I found another place and it is a bit of a drive but I heard good things (no plucking) and she had agreed to do full clearances on me. I would like to continue going to that other place eventually since it is closer but I wanted to know how many/ what is the average of “full clearances it takes to start having shorter sessions. Right now it takes about 3 hours to zap me completely clear.

I just copiedsome info from my blog "Providing your regular commitments, u won’t see much change (significantly less hair) until after 6 months of regular electrolysis treatments for facial hair, and

after 2nd clearances for body hair (and each clearance is at lest 3-4 months apart).

For body hair (not facial), it should take around 4 clearance and each clearance is at least 3-4 months apart, to clear all the hair permanently.

In the beginning, sessions are longer in duration and more frequent. Over time, treatments will shrink in duration and be spaced further and further apart until all hair is gone forever. Overall time to clear all hair in a certain area is around 1 1/2 - 2 yrs on average, but a client must spend regular commitments.

A client should b able to observe the mentioned results with the condition that they have not waxed or plucked their hair for at least past 6 months before their very 1st electrolysis session, otherwise it may take a bit longer or few more sessions than other clients to hv all hair permanently removed.

If a client has laser/IPL hair removal prior to electrolysis, laser/IPL can retard hair growth upto many yrs. Says 4-6 yrs later u may still see hair regrowth."

3 Likes

I heartily agree with thionou!

If you can clear an area every time you go in and you go every 4-6 weeks for the first 4 to 6 months, you will see a difference, providing that the practitioner is using the correct amount of energy for the correct amount of time. Of course, the hair must slide out with no resistance. Your sessions should start to get shorter after that 4-6 month mark, but I say this in the most general of terms because I can’t see your problem.

If it takes 3 hours to clear you, some swear that it should then take 1.5 hours to clear for the next session. Then 45 minutes for the third session and so forth. That’s a general rule, but it doesn’t always pan out that way, but sometimes it does?

Get cleared each time. Wait. Get cleared again. Wait. Get cleared again. Wait. If this pattern can be maintained, many cases are finished in 12-24 months. From 6 months onward, the sessions will shorten and the time between appointments will lengthen, for the majority of people.

1 Like