How long on Spiro before resuming electrolysis?

Hi, I just got prescribed Spiro (my testosterone level is 91, with 14-74 being normal for a woman). The endocrinologist doesn’t think I have PCOS based on the fact that I have had pretty much normal periods plus I had no trouble getting pregnant. She thinks I probably have insulin resistance but I’m waiting to hear about more tests.
I have been doing electrolysis weekly for many years and recently stopped because it was money down the drain with new hair always returning. How long should I take Spiro before resuming electrolysis, in everyone’s experience, to be most cost efficient? Thanks!

I have no medical advice, but I’ve heard that you should actually get as much electrolysis as you can BEFORE taking the spiro, because once you go on the spiro, the electrolysis takes much longer due to the drawn out hair cycles.

The people I’m familiar with waited to take the spiro until after finishing their electrolysis (the spiro prevents hormone-induced hair from appearing once electrolysis is done).

Again, that’s just personal anecdotes one what works best from the transgendered/transsexual people I know.

You’re approaching this somewhat incorrectly. I would first look at the electrolysis you’ve been getting. It sounds like the electrolysis itself isn’t good. Have you tried several electrologists before settling on one? What method did they use?

It really doesn’t matter if you start electrolysis now or wait. What Spiro does is help prevent NEW hair from producing. You can and should treat the hair that’s already there. What I would concentrate on is finding a good electrologist. Even if your body was developing new hair consistently in the past, you should have seen decent results from electrolysis treatments and you didn’t. I would figure out why that was.

Hi, I kind of exaggerated when I said it was money down the drain. I have had some results. I just mean that only one area - between my eyebrows – has ever stayed 100% clear. All other areas have seen at least small regrowth. So I would love to pick an area, like my chin, and make sure that when it’s done, it’s done! Thanks everyone for your posts.