How long for clearance?

Hi guys so I had my first electrolysis appt and it didn’t go as well as I had hoped. It honestly felt as if she was plucking my entire chin & neck so I am currently looking for a new electrolygist. But the reason I am posting this is because I’m wondering if anyone can tell me how long it would take to clear my neck and chin. I have attached photos, thanks guys.

If you are going to schedule a treatment with a new electrologist, schedule 15 minutes and then decide if you want to continue with that tech.

From what I can ascertain from the image, it looks like you have some heavy hair, medium hair and fine hair. You want everything cleared in one treatment? It depends on the technique of the electrologist. First try your 15 minutes and then ask the tech. who might ask you to book an hour and come in a couple of times a month, initially. Your treatments become shorter and less frequent and overall treatment time might take a couple of years.

1 Like

A couple of years ?!? I was thinking a year like most of the reviews I’ve read…

Arlene is far better than I at estimating ( more experience) but I would concur. It takes at least 18months or more to permanently clear a facial area, and that is assuming you obtin full clearances of all bothersome hair each time.You can stretch your treatment longer than that ( usually done for financial concerns) but because some hairs may not grow more than once or twice a year and so there isnt really any way to shortcut it. The hardest thing I try to teach people is about cycles of growth, and that the hair they see coming in 2-3 weeks after their last treatment is not the SAME hair they had treated a brief while ago. IT’s only when you start to consider this fact, that you realize how much hair is really growing and the scale of the job that we do.
Body areas can sometimes be done in a year by someone of high skill, but I would never estimate so short a period for facial work, Faces have more cycles of growth, and it takes time to got through them all and kill the hair.

I’m really happy to see you posting Arlene !