How Does Birth Control affect hair?

My endocrinologist gave me Birth control pills for my hair issue because my testosterone levels were high. (I know that it takes a while, about 4-6 months before you see improvement in hair reduction.) How will this help me? I mean, will my current hair be there or they will fall off? I’m confused because every body says you will have “less” hair. What exactly does that mean? Will the Birth Control pills help prevent new hair follicles from growing as well???

Also, will Birth Control pills affect different hairs differently, like my facial hair and my body hair.

Well if you read my thread about BCP (I am on them for contraception, never had my hormones tested although I will now) and facial hair, you will see that I noticed a change within a month.

In my case, on the current pill, I have noticed that they just grow a lot slower and are less long. As opposed to the other pills that I have taken, where the hair grew faster and longer (they contained androgenic progesterone). I’ve found it has only helped in areas where I have ‘male pattern’ growth, so the beard area, chest and happy trail. I usually bleach and on this pill, it’s very evident that the hairs are growing slower.

I don’t think it can make the follicles stop producing hairs altogether, although if it helps, it should help stop the stimulation of dormant follicles to start producing new hairs.