How do you see what you're working on with DIY electrolysis?

Do you have any product recommendations and techniques for seeing facial hairs with self electrolysis?

My electrolysis recommended at least 12x I think but I’m taking a look with my 10x mirror and it’s not good at all, I would be guessing with insertion

But with higher magnification mirrors you start to get distortion unless you’re very close and eyes are at the right angle. Unless I just used ones that were too small or bad quality?

10x? What the… I use 3.5x distance loupes for anything else my 2.5x magnification won’t let me get. I can reach any part of the front / side of my body with no problems Here’s some links to what I use.

Distance Loupes 3.5x

Unless you’re prepared to fork out 1000$+ on loupes these are the best I’ve found. anything over 3.5x is NOT cheap, and the knock-off stuff is trash … don’t even try.

Magnifiers

Self explainable. I have a pair of bausch and laumbs Ive had since 2006… anything close range.

Lighting

Good lighting is essential. Without it you may miss or not be able to see the hairs. This has really helped me out, it’s bright and I can adjust the height and angle of it… Perfect for DIY.

Make-up Mirror

Honestly, I got one of these at goodwill for like 5$. It helps me do the nose, shape sideburns and get rid of eyebrow hairs. Not sure of the magnification on the one I have.

Hopefully this gives you some ideas!

On a side note, to directly reply to your message. I have successfully shaped my beard hair. The way I do it is I put on the magnifiers and stand in front of the mirror. I guess I should have mentioned in the previous post the bathroom mirror I use. Here’s a link as well to give you an idea.

LED Bathroom mirror

she meant 10x for the mirror. Thanks! So should I go for the “loupe” glasses or magnified glasses for use with the mirror

I’m curious which mirror you bought. I have this one for example. I don’t have problems seeing the insertion angles, I have trouble following them. It’s a skill issue.

The advice I got was, this isn’t a place to save money. What one company says is 10x may be significantly less.