How do you say to an electrologist that you can feel them plucking without causing offence?

I live in the UK and where I am located is very limited with people who offer electrolysis. The practitioner I’m going to is the only one I can afford ( the other one charges around £2 per minute or $2.5 and uses an older less comfortable machine and isn’t any better in terms of skill).

I am very aware that the hair is being plucked after the thermolysis blast is given, so its double the pain and is quite uncomfortable. I know that she knows that she isn’t doing it right, given the resistance of the hair and the effort she uses to pluck the hair afterwards.

How do I say without causing offence or putting their back up that I can feel the hair being plucked out? I have already suggested I think the current needs to be a bit higher, but this didn’t improve things. Any advice would be appreciated.

I will be moving away from this area in around two years once my contract has finished. Its slightly disheartening that my next location where I will apply for work will be dependent on where there are competent electrologists.

Why not just tell her you feel tweezing after she treats the hair? If you are polite and she changes something up, that’s a helpful sign. If she takes offense, then end the session. A good business person listens closely to feedback because they want a successful livelihood .

As Dee says, you must address the electrologist politely but let her know you are feeling traction. Unfortunately if it continues you do need to stop the treatment, in the meantime you are better off cutting shaving bleaching until you are able to get proper electrolysis

1 Like