How do I avoid pitting?

I’ll make one final comment on the subject and rest my own case. But hope my thoughts here would be considered even though I am the newbie here.

I think the biggest issue with one copy is that if there were a fire, natural disaster, earthquake, theft etc… all of that info could be lost in the blink of an eye which would be devastating to this community. Then the talk of making copies would at that point be moot and the regrets it hadn’t be done previously would be many.

If there were copies made, others out there in the field would have a chance to carry this torch and contribute with their own gifts and talents. Many older, wiser electrologists who have this early history up in their noggins and on paper, media etc… have already left us and eventually that generation will be gone. It’s just the harsh truth and the history dies right along with them if items of great value aren’t kept and replicated as much as possible.

Which is part of the reason I am currently digitizing all of my personal photographs because if there was a fire… I couldn’t get 25 (huge) boxes out fast enough. Even if chucking them out a window was possible… I would likely die trying. No photos means the generations after me have nothing to see what life was like when my family and I were around.

My love of learning and venture into this field would be very enriched to hear and see Hinkle’s work even if it is jumbled. The work and history of so many others I would like to know as well. I want to take it all in even if it isn’t perfect or even correct.

Better jumbled and heard than not heard at all if it were to be lost.

Your work is so appreciated and whatever I can contribute t(personally) to help you further help us all… I will do my best to.

Well, you certainly are persistent. Once material is on Youtube it is on their storage facility and remains for all, and any, to access in perpetuity. Especially true since all my stuff is free.

Let me also say that if you simply listened to the Hinkel tapes without serious Audio Editing … you would not be able to understand anything. These recordings are as bad as they can get.

What about 97% ?

It is within the realm of possibility.

i think it’s possible