Hormones

Hello, I’m a 32 years old man

I got few questions:

1-Can high levels of insulin, that caused by bad nutrition that includes high amounts of sugar, trigger body hair growth in men?

2- I have excess cortisol levels as a result of stress. Can it enhance hair growth?

1 - Everywhere I read, this can be a cause of excess in hair in women. I believe it can have the same effect in men but not to the same extent as in women (someone please correct this if this is wrong.)

2 - According to livestrong.com: “Patients may also start to increasingly grow facial and body hair.”

You are correct.
My largest male facial hair case was a gentleman who had a hormonal imbalance, that lead to every follicle in the male facial hair zone to be activated. The hairs grew in every direction, and were thick like red wood trees. He had hairs, on top of hairs, and could shave once every 4 hours and still look like he needed a shave.

When we started the job, we worked 3 days a week, every week. His facial hair pattern filled back in so quickly that my secretary told me that she believed that he was pulling our leg. She believed he was a twin, and they were taking turns coming in for work, just to weird us out. It was a long time before she believed that it was really all just his hair.

James- what do you think about high insulin levels in men? does it have a big impcat?

For some reason, insulin resistance in men seems to coincide with increased hair growth. It may have more to do with the fact that diabetes has a lot to do with hormone systems gone wrong.

My grandfather died of diabetes, and during the time between his 50’s and 70’s his facial hair seemed to double in both density and thickness of hairs. At the same time, he got more chest hairs, his leg hairs grew longer, and hair sprouted out of his ears.