Hormonal areas

Hi,

I’ve recently decided that I want to do hair removal on multiple parts of my body: upper back (a bit hairy), shoulders (not very hairy), arms, chest and stomach (hairy). I have looked into both laser hair removal and electrolysis.

I have spoken to two electrologists and they both told me that it’s best to treat “hormonal areas” such as the back and shoulders with electrolysis and not laser since laser promotes growth and re-growth. Is there any truth to that? Heck, what is a “hormonal area” anyway?

I picked an electrologist who says she’s been doing this for over 24 years and she uses the Apilus Platinum Pure. She says she’s very fast but she couldn’t tell me the name of the modality used (thermolysis? blend?)… I guess I don’t really care as long as it works :slight_smile: The only downside here is that she’s super expensive (~$78 for 30 min, ~230 for 1 hour).

Thanks for the help!

Hello!!, the electrologists have guided you well, those areas are better to do with electrolysis to avoid rebound effect or bad results. It’s weird that you say they can not tell you what modality they work with. … where do you live that give you such an expensive price?, Hormones influence the appearance of new hair throughout life.
The skin is endowed with millions of hair follicles that remain dormant. You can start your activity and create hair if there is a hormonal stimulus … or a stimulus because of the laser.

1 Like

If she is very fast that means she is using probably the flash thermolysis.
Yes, 230$ for 1 hour is super expensive. This is my price for 5 hrs marathon session but I am living in Montreal Canada.

1 Like