hopeless

hi everyone,
I’ve been reading the posts on this site for about a week now and decided to write something myself. Excessive facial hair has been my problem for the last four years. I’m a 21 year old female and I’ve tried so many different things to rid myself of all the hair, but it just seems to always come back and always worse than before I had done anything. It has caused so many sleepless nights and unwanted stress.
I’m in my last year of college and there are presentations to be done all the time and I get so scared. I know a room full of people are just staring up at my beard or my mustache. I can’t wear ponytails in the summer heat for fear of revealing too much.
I just feel so hopeless. I have had four laser treatments done and with in a year all the hair grew back. I waxed for a year and that lead to my skin breaking out so I had blemishes and pimples along with the hair. I then began getting it threaded, but this too greatly irritated my skin. I’ve tried all these new products that have wasted my money and time and led to no results.
The reason I write is to find out more about my last option. I stayed away from electrolysis because I have very sensitive skin and a very low threshold for pain. I know people who have had electrolysis done and I hear it is painful. I would really love to know if anyone has had pleasant experiences with it or not. Sorry for such a lengthy post, but I have no one to talk to about this and I needed to get that out.
Thank you.

Hi there,
You’d really be surprised but electrolysis really isn’t that big a deal. I’d go any day over the dentist. With the help of a topical anathestic cream I’d imagine it’s even easier. If you’re in the NYC area give Fino Gior a call. Fino is saint to those with unwanted hair.

Free yourself, you’ll be so happy

check out his website:
http://newyorkelectrolysis.com/
and
www.electrolysisinformation.com/

My electrologist says I have sensitive skin. She is able to treat 300-400 hairs per hour and my face is usually healed completely within 24-48 hours. It is a little uncomfortable but no amount of physical pain could be greater than the emotional pain of my disfiguring facial hair. I have the same problems as you but if you go to a good electrologist they should be able to liberate you from your dilemma.

litalMystic:

Please make a trip to your endocrinologist, tell them about your problem and have him/her check your hormones.

Also, electrolysis does not have to be very painful. You have to find a good practitioner, which is sometimes tricky. Visit the electrolysis board, it has a lot of good information.

A lot of my clients with longer apointments just sleep through the treatment. Really. Just find a competent practitioner. You could have been smooth by now. Forever. Go to the electrolysis board, read around, and hopefully someone can refer you to an electrologist within your traveling range.