Home waxing

Hi. I am thinking of getting my back waxed at home. My girlfriend is going to do it for me but I have a few questions to ask.
what should I do to prepare for the waxing?
What type of wax should I use?
How much wax will I need?
What should I do after to protect from ingrowns?
What length should the hair be for waxing?
What length can it be before I get it waxed again?

I get waxed professionally, but will try to answer your questions…

Q. what should I do to prepare for the waxing?
A. Exfoliate and clean your skin 48 hours before waxing, and then, a light dusting of talcum powder 1/2 an hour before waxing…

Q. What type of wax should I use?
A. A hot wax. Most home products will be heated in a pot or the microwave, and then you apply it with a spatula or tongue depressor in a thin layer, apply the cloth strip, and then pull off in the direction and angle advised in the instructions.

Q. How much wax will I need?
A. I would imagine a home kit would be more than enough for a back or two - but maybe you can get a smaller quantity pack where you live.

Q. What should I do after to protect from ingrowns?
A. A couple of cooler showers (with plain soap like Dove or a baby soap) the day of waxing will help to settle the skin. after 48 hours, you can start exfoliating with a loofah, but being your back, you may have a bit of trouble with getting it scrubbed properly. Could be time to negotiate with the girlfriend again… :wink:

Q. What length should the hair be for waxing?
A. no longer than 20mm (3/4 inch) - if it is longer, then trim it first, or the waxing may not work as well. A minimum of 6mm (1/4 inch)

Q. What length can it be before I get it waxed again?
A. A minimum of 6mm (1/4 inch) in all reality, but preferably 10mm (3/8 inch)

HTH,

David

[ May 10, 2003, 02:41 PM: Message edited by: IHH ]