Home wax warming systems for eyebrows?

I get my eyebrows waxed every 2 weeks at salons, but I’d like to have a high-quality and easy-to-use system at home to do my own eyebrows. There are so many brands, like Gigi, Parissa, etc.

Do you have a recommended brand of wax warmer and wax type for eyebrow shaping? I find that my skin gets red very easily from perfumes and from overly hot products, but it returns to normal colour after a few hours.

Before someone gives you some suggestions for wax, have you entertained the idea permanently removing the hair with electrolysis. Waxing is so violent for the delicate tissue so near the eyes.

I tried one brand of wax, Parissa, which was strip-free. In other words no cloth to put on top of the wax. It took me 3 or 4 applications and removals to get most of the wax off a certain area, but that’s probably because I’m not putting it on skilfully enough or something.

Electrolysis on eyebrows would be great, but it’s much more expensive, and wow it’s painful. I suppose I could slap on the Emla and try electrolysis on eyebrows again.

With a good machine and great visual equipment, and practitioner skill, eyebrow work can be quite tolerable indeed.

You don’t need EMLA. None, as in zero, of my clients have ever needed EMLA. How do you even know that it is painful? If you can tolerate waxing, you will do fine with electrolysis.

When you invest in electrolysis for about a year, give or take, you getting something permanent. Waxing is every two weeks for many years. So which one is more expensive?

sorry to jump in.

dfahey - when i have hairs treated on my sideburns/cheeks/chin i don’t find it that painful at all, in fact i almost doze off. however, when she treats my eyebrows it can sometimes be quite painful and the current makes me twitch! why is this?

Well, I don’t know. It could be many things. Have you talked to her about this different sensation? maybe she can modify her levels or modality and see if that makes things better. Some areas of the eyebrow are more sensitive than others. Just give her some feedback, okay?

^yes, she basically said what you said re: the area being more sensitive. she does lower the current if i express too much discomfort so that’s all good, but i usually just bear with it if i can because i want the hair gone! thanks for your reply.