Home use lasers for the future

Hi Andrea,

I’ve had laser removal done with a reputable machine and the results are not at all permanent (I am
Indian so I think my skin color has a lot to do with it b/c it limits the jouls of energy) however the hair growth is
definately delayed so my skin is hair free for at least a month or so. I was pretty upset at first but now my payments
per treatment are pretty low so its ok.

To get to the point. I am dissapointed and surprised that laser hair removal companies are not looking to create
affordable machines for consumers. I understand that professionals are trained and familar with the energy going to
the follicle etc…but it really doesn’t seem that complicated. Especially with new flashlamp hair removal that has a large
spot size. So far I have found the only laser hair removal system cleared for in home use is SpaTouch by radiancy
however you essentially need a perscription for it and a machine is not cheap. I was wondering how we can pressure
laser companies to create afordable machines for all. I feel like professionals are charging ridiculous amounts of money
for something that is or could be relatively easy for everyone can do. I mean if people can buy inhome needle
electrolysis, I think laser is relatively much less risky. I wonder what your thought are on this. Also, what have you
heard about the effectiveness of SpaTouch.

One more thing (sorry this is getting long) I am satisfied with using lasers just to prolong the return of hair growth…so
for myself, and I believe a lot of other people, they would just be happy to use a removal system monthly or bimonthly
as long as you don’t have to wait for hair to grow out like waxing or you don’t have stuble. Thats why I think lasers
would be ideal for home use even if they are not permanent. Bottom line…I definately think there is a market out
there.

Thanks for all your help and hard work!