Home laser purchased, awaiting delivery.

I agree, their marketing is indeed misleading. I beleive this to be true of the Tria as well. And it seems to have gotten more pursuasive over time.

I have used device for over a year, and can assure everyone that you will not achieve permanent hair removal with the Silk’n. If you purchase it with these intentions, then you will indeed be dissapointed.

I hope you now understand why we seem to be “Jumping On” people who come on here saying these two things are great products. We need to make sure people understand that these things will NOT deliver what their advertising claims they will.

We don’t have a problem with people saying, “Here is the limited use this product will deliver, and I find that limited temporary result acceptble.” Of course, the average fist time poster doesn’t say that. They talk as if everyone should be buying one, and that the pro’s are fearful of losing their businesses as people find out that all they need to do is buy this and do it at home.

The truth is that permanent hair removal is still best left in the hands of the professionals, just like building an addition to your house would be.

Hi:

I recently saw this item advertised in a top women’s
fashion magazine. They don’t give much info other than to make
it seem like the answer to many prayers.

I guess fools and their money are soon parted or that
P.T. Barnum was right.

Alicia

It depends on the area being treated, but at my clinic in Toronto it’s $200 for full front. It’s more when comparing to say underarm treatments, since you can do one for around the same price as the Silk’n bulb. Like others have said here the biggest thing is getting it across that the Silk’n is not permanent, the technology just isn’t there. We just get frustrated when people come on here posting saying (and I’m not referring to anyone just people in general) “I believe the silk’n or tria will work you just have to do it a lot and if you’re a man it won’t work as well as on a woman” and so on. We just don’t want people going out and buying it after reading someone post on here saying “I love mine I have permanent results from it!”

Btw when did this forum turn into the Silk’n and Tria review forum? This almost needs a separate sub-forum! Every time I come on here now to read about laser, all it is is posts about these machines.

Hi:

I think that its pretty common for people who have
wasted their money to defend their purchase since
it makes them feel better and less like a boob.

Alicia

It’s also too really easy to spend a lot of money on something and WANT it to work so bad that you ignore everything else, it even happened to me when I bought the Silk’n. While I was waiting to get it I’d read forums online, and you tend to skim past the negative posts, and focus on the ones where people say it’s good. Only because you want the thing to work so bad you don’t want to hear anything negative about it and you convince yourself it will work. Just like you said as well, it’s not cheap so when you spend all that money and it doesn’t work you definitely want to try and defend it!

Whilst I appreciate all the feedback with regards to my thread I would just like to reiterate what I wrote in my 1st / 2nd post…
" I would be happy with either a reduction in hair, say 50% or just longer between waxing/shaving sessions, ideally both but I do not expect permanent removal with a home machine. (Thanks mainly to this forum)."
I found this forum by looking for real people that had tried silk’n, and the info the forum provided helped me make a decision to buy it, I decided to post myself to show people my results rather than enter into a debate as to whether silk’n is a con or not.
I don’t have much money and so far I am happy with my results, I know there are better, more permanent results available from other methods, but they are stated quite clearly in other threads.

We have no issues with people making informed decisions based on their needs.

I would urge you to consider the costs involved though. It may be cheaper to get professional treatments on some areas, especially smaller ones like underarms, bikini, etc. With Silk’n, you’re paying $60-80 for replacement bulbs regularly. That’s the cost of 1-2 professional underarm treatments.