Hinkel tapes Bono

Hey,

So, I still have all 30-pounds of Hinkel’s lectures/tapes. I want to give these away to somebody who might be able to use them. They are going to have to be digitized and then cleaned-up in a program like Adobe Audition. Just playing these on a simple tape system won’t work … they need lots of editing.

Problem is that Eric will never get around to mailing out such a big package. So, I’m looking for somebody who would drive to Santa Barbara and pick them up. As near as I can see, this is Hinkel’s entire program … on tape. Post this on the Facebook pages if you wish. There is no hurry on this … just contact Eric.

Mike

4 Likes

@fenix is this possible for you? These shouldnt be lost .Or maybe they could be packaged up and picked up by purolator or ups?

There’s no rush on this, because it’s going to be a monumental task.

As of this morning I’m all set up with Hospice and could be gone (with their help) sometime in the next couple weeks. I’ll have Eric check this site for any future interest in this, or other, projects. Again, no hurry. Bunch of equipment and software will be necessary to make this work. YES, even a reel-to-reel tape player (and cassette too). Major project. Somebody familiar with the subject would be excellent. Fenix is a smart guy and could probably do something with these … but it took me about 2-weeks to do just one cassette tape! Maybe the AEA could do this and offer all the tapes for free?

If anyone wants this from the UK (fenix), maybe you can ask your neighbors, Harry and Meghan, if they can make a delivery on their next visit. Probably won’t be too soon though after watching the NetFlix documentary.

1 Like

Thank you for all your teachings through your videos, books and many conversations with both professionals and the public Mike. Your passion and care speaks volumes by you sharing openly and selflessly for the greater good of our fabulous Electrolysis profession. Education is key to keeping us practioner’s up to date ( as you know ) raising standards and then helping so many clients feel more confident and less self conscious in themselves.
From a personal point of view I appreciate and have enjoyed every conversation we have had over the years be it about our profession, or sharing garden tips!! BIG THANKS from me and my clients whom I share your videos on…

I hope someone can take these books/tapes and continue the valuable work by Hinkles team and yourself.
My brother ( a pilot, lives in Temecula in California, I have no idea how far that is ) and not sure who I would pass these onto if they came to the U.K…?
But we as a community will continue to learn and share like you have…
~ Julia xxx

3 Likes

Believe it or not, I still have a reel to reel and cassette player. They are carefully stored and I would be glad to give it someone.

Hospice. Yes. Make it unique for you, dear one. As you choose. God Bless you and Eric. We are "holding " your hands.

1 Like

I had someone ask to help with the digitization process. What we need is for someone to pick up the tapes. They also have the equipment. Thing is with these tapes dee they are very old. We may get at most one good play out of them, and that audio needs to be digitized first time around. Some the plstics the tape is made from will have degraded and weakened over time.It’s going to take a real professional who knows what they are doing to extract that audio. Editing can take place anywhere in the world once digitized but getting that audio safely into digital format is going to be a feat in and of itself.
Edit: after looking into it, I think there are a number of audio digitization and archival services around the us and canada. I was looking into one ( vtape.org) that is localy to my province and has their prices openly listed. With all that media it would be a bit of an investment which i think maybe could be crowdsourced pretty easily. I honestly feel a lot better about having a professional handle the digitization portion for us as we are less likely to damage old tape, and we are a tthe point if we dont get it off of magnetic tape now it will be lost forever. I’d be willing to put forth some funding to ge tthe project going. I think we should get these tapes to a digitization service.Then anyone in the world can work with the audio to edit it.

1 Like

Thanks to Dee Dee and Julia for the wonderful emails.

Yeah, Harry and Megan in MY little town. Those two are Prince and Princess of being victims. I wonder when this generation is going to get off that “schtick?”

3 Likes

Michael , if possible pack up just the tapes themselves into a box. I’ll arrange for shipping and pickup .From there they should go to a professional in preservation and digitization and get distributed to those who have the ability to perform edits with appropriate digital software . I dont think we need to worry about players,as these are obtainable and likely to be in place at the digitization provider chosen.

1 Like

Good idea Seana … Best will be to contact Eric in a few weeks when all this calms down. However, I’ll make a big note to Eric to contact you in a few weeks or so. Will he forget? Yeah, probably … But I’ll do the best I can.

I could not take on such a project simply because I don’t have the necessary equipment nor skill to do this. Such tapes become very fragile with age and can get damaged if not handled with proper equipment. The best proposal from Seana is to have a crowdfunding campaign for a professional studio digitize these.

Mike what will happen to your website and textbooks? Is there a plan for your textbooks to continue to be in print?

That is exactly what should be done. I had all our family videos digitized years ago. Amazingly so, the videos from my husbands family in the '40’s and '50’s came out great! They do degrade with time and certain storage conditions, but it still should be done. It is expensive.

Hi Mike, sending you extra love. I’d be happy to take the Hinkle Archives. I work closely with archivists and digital archivists. Heck, I even went to school to for library studies before becoming an electrologist. I am located in Sacramento, CA and can come pick up the materials, when is convenient for you and Eric.

Colette

thank you mike, you pointed out something to me awhile ago, it was huge eyeopener for me. i have been rewiring my thinking since. thank you for that!

i started my electrolysis learning 6 years ago. your youtube, website and your responses here on hairell, i learned more from you than the three month course i took.

i have an affectionate crush on you! i doubt i’d float your boat but since time is fleeting and you have made your choice, i wanted you to know. i hope this gives you a giggle and not the creeps!

peace to you, eric, family and friends.

with great gratitude for you,
dre

OH … you gave me a nice warm feeling around my heart. Thanks for that.

My big regret is that I sill have so much more I wanted to do. We can only plan ahead for a somewhat short time, because something always gets in the way? Lots of friends and my old swimming buddies came by for a short visit … I really liked it. They’re still swimming even in the ocean that is now about 58 Fahrenheit. I’d like to suit-up and go for it tomorrow … well, probably not.

4 Likes

Wow, I’m completely shocked by this news. I’m just beginning my new career in Electrolysis and you’ve already been such a big help to me. I hope to be able to study more of your teachings.

You have touched so many lives, encouraged so many, been such a wealth of information. You may be physically leaving this plane, but you have left your mark and won’t be forgotten. :pray: Thank you for all you’ve done. You have a whole community of people who are with you in spirit :pray:

Oh Thank you … that means so much to me. I still have a couple unfinished videos and really wish I had the energy to finish them. But, that’s not happening. Many blessings to you and to all of my dear friends.

1 Like

I think of you all days and especially when working. Thank you for all your help for all of us :heart:.
Best wishes for you and your family.

Thanks Rosemarie … much appreciated. Nicely friends and family are here and I feel all warm and cuddly.

1 Like

Uncle Mike, I’m sending hugs.