hight insulin levels

i didnt know where to post it so i choseto post it here.
andrea what do you know about high insulin levels and excess body hair with men?

Insulin-related conditons can increase levels of free testosterone in males, which in turn can lead to increased hair growth.

It’s not as studied as high insulin and hirsutism for women, since unwanted hair is generally considered a less serious social problem for men than for women.

If you have glucose intolenrace or insulin problems, you should speak with your endocrinologist about excessive hair and possible treatments.

im not sure if i have natural high levels of insulin but i have been eating LOTS of sweets since i was a kid so i guess my insulin levels in the blood were high most of the time i even had pubic hair when i was only 8 and i was matured much before the other kids in my class (so according to your claim it might have got to do with that)
anyway i started my new “diet” a couple of days ago and i eat much less sweets.
do you think it might help? im not a hairy guy, im in the middle

</font><blockquote><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>quote:</font><hr /><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>Originally posted by quaterman:
<strong>im not sure if i have natural high levels of insulin but i have been eating LOTS of sweets since i was a kid so i guess my insulin levels in the blood were high most of the time i even had pubic hair when i was only 8 and i was matured much before the other kids in my class (so according to your claim it might have got to do with that)
anyway i started my new “diet” a couple of days ago and i eat much less sweets.
do you think it might help? im not a hairy guy, im in the middle</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>You’ve made several leaps in logic here:

1. Since you haven’t had your insulin or testosterone levels checked, there’s no way to know if this is affecting your hair growth.

2. Eating a lot of sweets does not necessarily mean your insulin level is affected.

3. Eating sweets has not been linked to a faster onset of puberty.

4. Reducing sweets has not been linked to a reduction in the amount of hair.

5. Obesity and rapid weight change (both loss and gain) have been linked to changes in hair growth. However, unless you have significant weight issues, changes in weight and diet will probably not affect hair growth much, if at all.

[ June 06, 2002, 05:12 PM: Message edited by: Andrea ]

i never had weight problems i was alway thin but my weight can change rapidly. for instance if i dont eat sweets for only several days i can lose a couple of pounds.

Insulin resistance does affect the menstrual cycle, usually bringing it to a screeching halt. And, it also is attributed to the excessive hair growth and PCOS. Blood tests can determine the amount of insulin in the body in order to make a diagnosis.

Basically, its when the body makes insulin but doesn’t use it properly. Its really a complex metabolic system problem and more physicians are getting new information as to how to treat it.

An endocrinologist or OB/GYN can help.