Hiding the hyperpigmentation with concealer?

I have hyperigmentation and redness and when i try to put concealer over it, it makes it look super wrinkly and even worse, also the shadow still shows through, ive used orange concealer but nothing really seems to work. Does anyone have good advice on this? Pics are with makeup and without

Do you use a primer? Maybe try a silicone primer underneath your concealer. Also, what do you use to apply makeup?

Im male I did electrolysis on my cheeks for about 3 months from now…one wright cheek has hypegmentation and seems so wrinkled especially if I laugh wrinkles or fine lines on my right cheek becomes noticeable i do not know if I over exfoliated that what made the wrinckles !! or that from electrolysis ! I’m so confused now I put peptides copper now and vitamin c but nothing work … wrinkles are there on my right cheeks. Do you have any idea what I can do …I already talked to Mr Bono here he is really helpful and a nice man and he told me just leave the skin to do his work time is a good healing .but why I see wrinckles only in my right cheek and I not see it on my left cheek ? Any idea …help …thanks a lots

Thank you for responding- sorry for the delay! I have not used a primer. I did attempt to use the eyeshadow primer i have in my house as a tester just to see if it made a difference (urban decay eyeshadow primer) but it is older and made it look dry, plus it was for eyelids anyway! Ive been using my fingers and a a damp/ dry beauty blender for the upper lip. Ive applied it in many types of lighting to experiment- by the window, i have a makeup mirror for natural lighting, ans in the car. i was using clinique concealer and a concealer/foundation…and now i recently got a drugstore brand which seems to be more of a color match. I find if i apply a light coat it doesnt cake up and make it look wrinkly, but then it doesnt hide the shadow so it kind of defeats the purpose. I feel like i just have to go for “shadow reduction” instead of trying to completely hide it.

Mr. Bono is absolutely right, and as hard as it is to hear, skin takes a long time to heal. Fortunately, we notice our flaws more than anyone else does, as everyone else is often already too busy worrying about their own wrinkles to notice yours :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’d give the silicone primer a try, and maybe try using a kabuki brush to apply your makeup. I used a wet blender for ages that made my skin look peeling and flaky before switching to a kabuki brush. I hope it helps!

I’m not sure how many people are posting their problems on this thread … I think TWO? Out of curiosity, I wonder if Samid lives in NZL or Australia (although I think he told me New Jersey?).

Interestingly, people in the USA show somewhat more wrinkles on their Left side (face), and people in Australia and New Zealand have more wrinkles on their right side. A little puzzle for all of you. I’ll bet that Seana or Dee Dee know why … very analytical minds; and it’s pretty simple when you think about it.

My analytical mind is fried tonight, but I will think about that. First thing that popped in my mind was on a geographical thought. Am I warm or cold?
Edited thought: Or we Americans sit on the left side of the car when we drive and our friends down under sit on the right side of the car when they drive (more sun exposure).

Haha Mr Bono …how are you doing ? Hope you doing good …yeah you still remember I live in New Jersey.well I know when smth suddenly happens to us we react in different manners …this is just our reactions for finding ways and solutions as I hope… Sometimes it hard to accept Smth bad happens to you epecially if you used to see yourself on the mirror in a good smooth and nice skin then after you see the opposite from smth you did not expect …I know we should accept everything that come from us,from nature and from unexpected ncidents…but it s hard for some ppl to do and I think I’m the one who does the same I always complicate things and I can not be as I’m in my real dealy life until I solve the probl then I relax and retrieve my power and energy from the probl …(I know Im not what I’m ).as Shakespeare said :joy:.we born in different personalities . different attitudes … different endurance…at the end suffering is optional as you said and I like this statement a lot…whenever comes to my mind I remember you…

1 Like

I heard this at a dermatology convention (not sure if it’s only a myth; probably is?) … but YES, Americans get more sun exposure on the left side (face) and Aussies on the right side, because of right and left-hand steering on our cars.

I’m a real fan of British films and that’s what sparked my feeble mind.

1 Like