hi, I'm new here...

First of all I just want to say THANKYOU, THANKYOU, THANKYOU for this site and all who contribute to it. Thank you LAGirl especially since you have put so much time and effort in to helping people get good info on hair removal.

I have suffered with the shame of too much hair for so long and now am finally able to get laser treatment. These forums are a huge blessing to me!

I have a question about shaving. I haven’t shaved my thighs in a very long time because of the red bumps from ingrown hairs I get. I don’t have an appointment yet, was hoping to go for my first treatment early in March. However, we are taking our kids to the great wolf lodge next week and I have to shave to go swiming. Will this mess up the growth stage for the lasers zapping the hairs when I do go in for laser treatment?
It seems like it would be better if you haven’t shaved in a long time to go wait until right before you go in for your appointment so you don’t get hairs growing in at different stages.

kcgirl, this is only true for root removal such as waxing.

shaving doesn’t effect the hair growth, so you can do it as much as you like.

Shaving does nothing to the hair. Shave all you want. In fact, you’ll have to shave before you go in for treatment. Laser is performed on shaved skin.

Thanks for letting me know.