hey i need some help...

hey everybody - i just want to tell you all how happy i am that i came across this fourm…i think it is great.
so basicly i am a 19 boy who needs some information about epilators.
i have a bit of hair on my chest that i would like to remove as well as some on my butt.
so first of all is epilating a good method or not ? (i have never shaved or removed the hair in those areas before but this seems to me from what i have read one of the best ways with the longest lasting results). second of all i was looking around on the web for an epilator on the Braun website and i found 3 types of epilators -
1.Silk-épil EverSoft 2.Silk-épil SoftPerfection
3.Silk-épil SuperSoft and i have no clue what the differance between them is…so i need some help with that…and why do some say “removes hair for weeks” while others say “up to 3 or 4 weeks” i am confused…
i was thinking of buying a Silk-épil EverSoft 2390 so if any one has used one please tell me how it was and how long does it take for the hair to grow back.
also i would like to know what ingrown hairs are …?? and how to prevent them…
and what is exfoliating?
thanks alot - hope to get repiles soon…

I am new to this forum, but have read some other postings about the Brauns and sounds like it will be a good thing. I am currently tracking some on ebay, but it looks like wal-mart sells them for 57.00. My experience with the old epilady was painful but I would use it in summer to avoid shaving and razorburn for 2-3 weeks. They claim this is less pain and better results.
Good Luck