HELP with ingrown hair and skin marks

Hi, I need help.

So I started getting couple of hairs on my neck. So, I started plucking them out. However, ingrown hair started to appear under my skin and dark marks left my skin because of them, also I started having more hair coming off my neck (not sure if plucking was the reason bec. i know that the more pluck the finer hair gets)

So, I decided not to pluck thinking maybe I dig in the skin causing this irritation and ingrown hair. So i started using a rotary epilators. This way, i wouldnt be digging or hurting myself. It helped stop the marks that i cause. However I still got ingrown hairs causing big dark marks on my neck!!

So now i shave…but shaving causes the hair to get thicker and it causues bumps…especially that skin on the neck is senstive.

shaving, epilators, and plucking are all causing problems. Can’t afford laser. Any advise? like a cream or something that can help stop ingrown hair and irratation?

Should I really start to get the ingrown out of my skin as soon as i notice it (so it doesnt get bigger under my skin) or should i just wait for it to come out? (both will still cause marks)

would waxing be a better option or it is just like epilators, will cause ingrown hair?

Help!!