Help! Will this scar?

I am a trans woman who has done 40 hours of electrolysis over 3 weeks. My last session was 10 days ago. Had some noticeable scabbing, the scabs fell off and my skin is noticeably bumpy and red. I am worried I was overtreated. Should I expect scarring?

Oh my goodness. Yes, this absolutely could scar. 40 hours over 3 weeks? That is way too much treatment in too short a period of time. I know I have done some “intensive” beard removals, but this, this is not within the realm of proper treatment. I’m not sure what the goal was here, but electrolysis for beard removal should be done over a much longer period .It is highly likely this willcreate permanent scarring, yes. Only time will tell.

1 Like

So sad that the “newbies” have to learn lesson that were taught 50 years ago. The “muzzle” (upper lip and chin) are always the areas the transwoman wants removed FAST/immediately. But this is the danger area for sure … and, again, it’s always a risk to just clear off all the adjoining/contiguous hairs. This area is not going to look right … very concerning because this didn’t have to happen.

1 Like

I agree with the above comments. Your skin quality will improve over time, but it’s likely there will be some permanent scarring. It’s difficult to understand how visible this will end up being.

I personally wouldn’t have any further sessions without first seeing a dermatologist, and definitely no more sessions with this electrologist.

1 Like