HELP: What's true and what's not about laser?

Hi everyone

I’m completely new to this forum. I’m a woman in my mid-twenties who has severe hirsutism. I’m currently getting a combination of electrolysis and laser treatments and I’m spending well into the tens of thousands of dollars just to be able to achieve some sort of normalcy.

I have had my full legs lasered (thighs grew back a little so I had to get top up treatments)
Bikini (also grew back but fine with top up)
Brazilian (hair completely grew back)
Underarms (hair is significantly reduced but quite a bit left, still have to shave/wax)
Stomach (hair grew back)
Lower back (mostly fine)

I’m currently getting the following areas treated with electrolysis
Whole front torso, from lower abdomen to breasts.

I should also mention that my hair is dark and skin fair.

I originally also wanted to treat my lower back and buttock cheeks and anal area with electrolysis but now that I have almost spent $15 000 (112 hours in) and am no where near finished, I would like to try laser on the buttock and anal area first to see if it would make a difference. I would have liked a 100% permanent solution but I’ve already spent almost 7 months doing electrolysis and so much money and it just feels like it’s taking over my whole life. I don’t know if I can handle much more of it. Therefore, I really wanted to give laser in that area a go first.

The only thing is my electrologist keeps frightening me with her views on laser. She’s a very experienced woman with years in the industry and I don’t know why she would deliberately lie to me, I can’t believe she would do that. I think if she truly believed in laser, she would probably offer the services herself, as she seems very passionate about hair removal. However, she keeps telling me things like, there’s all this medical research that proves laser hair removal will give you cancer, that she has clients whose faces have lost their collagen and they appear to have broken down, that they almost look like the skin on their face has melted. She says things like, doctors she knows tell her they would never offer laser hair removal to the public if they had it their way as it’s so dangerous, they only offer it because it’s of commercial interest to the hospital. And she constantly says that even though I’ve been happy with the results on my legs, I will have to keep doing it forever and it will eventually all grow back if I stop.

The thing is, this really freaks me out. You have to understand, I have hirsutism and whatever hair removal methods I go for, they will be life long, I think I will be dealing with this problem for many years to come. I don’t want to get cancer. Or destroy my skin. But I need some sort of a solution to my hair problems as I’ve never participated in any sports, I used to be a water baby and now I haven’t been swimming in over 10 years and I want to know what it’s like to be in a loving relationship, but because of my hair problems I never let anyone get close to me. I’m desperate for a solution.

Can anyone tell me therefore, is there any truth at all to what my electrologist is saying? Should I persist with the electrolysis even though it might mean another full year of 6 hour treatments every week, with the pain and scabbing and HUGE cost (which is going to leave me in a fair bit of debt I might add). Or should I just finish my torso and breasts and get my buttocks and full brazilian lasered?

I really feel lost right now, so any guidance and truthfulness would be very very welcome.

What laser are you using in terms of wavelength and name of machine? Seems like the lasers used on you wasn’t top notch or settings were too low. But the idea of having electrolysis and laser done simultaneously is a good idea but probably better if electrolysis was done after all the laser sessions are completed.