HELP!!! Wanting to try laser removal first time...best laser???

Hi Guys,

I am in Toronto and I am wanting to do full chest and stomach laser removal for the first time. I have read many posts and done some homework. The baywood clinic in downtown is one of only 2 places in TORONTO that a Medical doctor performs the laser removal(the other being Sunnybrook however their prices are double since its in a hospital).

One place uses the GENTLE LASER ALEXANDRITE.
Other places uses the LIGHT SHEER DIODE LASER.

Which one is better and why. I wil wait till my light tan completes fased out in about 2-3 months to begin then my skin is pretty pale or white. My chest is medium to dark drown(its not black and bushy like an italian usually is). The hair is not really dense but its entirely covered on my front). Any advise is very much appreciated one which laser may be suited better for me.

Thks

Either of these lasers is good. Choose based on the experience of the practitioner. That will determine your results. It’s not as important if the person has an MD or not, they don’t teach hair removal in med school. Go with the one who’s most knowledgeable and experienced in hair removal in particular.

Choose based on the experience of the practitioner. Go with the one who’s most knowledgeable and experienced in hair removal in particular.

Good though but how can i tell someone is experienced or knowledgeable?? Do i simply go for a consultation and ask? People lie though all the time to make themselves seem better or more experienced than they actually are…any TIPS are appreciated…

thks again

first, read this and other forums carefully so that YOU know what is the truth about lasers and hair removal and the procedure. that way, you will be more equipped to judge whether they are telling the truth or just trying to sell to you. second, check the attached hairfacts.com website and locate the Consultation Form to get an idea for what kinds of questions to ask during the consultation.

Hi Thunder:

I think that experience helps, so see how long they have been doing it for. I personally would go to someone who does strictly hair removal. I don’t think being an MD means amything as far as ability.

I have only had experience with Lightsheer and it works very well if the settings are right. There should be tons of places in Toronto who do laser hair removal. You can find places all around the GTA. It works best on dark hair on light skin, but not on light colored hair.

My electrolygist also does Laser.

Go for a consultation or patch test. The machines are really quite amazing, but costly for them to probably lease. The glasses they make you wear cost them over 300 dollars CDN apiece.

Alicia

Thanks,

http://baywoodclinic.com/Toronto_Laser_Doctors.html

this is the place i am really considering…if people could take a look and tell me their thoughts about it…

Thanks,

http://baywoodclinic.com/Toronto_Laser_Doctors.html

this is the place i am really considering…if people could take a look and tell me their thoughts about it…

I prefer the Lightsheer, but if you have light skin and dark coarse hair the Gentlelase may work for you. Make sure it is the Gentlelase Plus, or the fluence may not go high enough. The Lightsheer works better on finer hair. See if the Lightsheer clinic uses compression, that would be a good test to see if they know what they are doing.

RJC2001

[quote]
I prefer the Lightsheer, but if you have light skin and dark coarse hair the Gentlelase may work for you. Make sure it is the Gentlelase Plus, or the fluence may not go high enough. The Lightsheer works better on finer hair. See if the Lightsheer clinic uses compression, that would be a good test to see if they know what they are doing.

RJC2001

RJC2001

How would Coarse hair be defined as??? I would like to have my chest/stomach lasered but not sure what type of hair that i predomintely have…I am french cdn background/fair i would say type 3 skin i can tan with a light brown but also burn fairly easily…i have dirty blond hair…i just don’t know what would coarse hair be considered compared to fine hair??? any help is needed…or if i post a pic maybe that will help…thks again guys

Laser doesn’t treat blond hair. If yours is kind of brownish, have a test spot done first before committing to a treatment. Comet is a new laser that is a diode with RF technology that claims to treat blond hair too. You can try that one if GentleLASE doesn’t seem to work. I have great results with GentleLASE on light skin and black hair and know of other people who do as well.