help pls

Does this thing work at all? or is it full of BS

http://www.naturalwellbeing.com/hair-removal-kit-p26.cfm

or the “no! no!” device if anyone heard of it.

i’m so hairy it’s not even funny any more.

Save your money, your time, and your tears.

Both the products you are looking at are scams.

Many people get serious chemical burns from using stuff like that creme hair removal product. You may get depilation, you may get a softening of the feel of the hairs as they grow back, but you will NEVER get permanent hair removal from either of those products.

go to www.hairfacts.com/scams.html

Ditto. If you don’t want to be like a hamster running on a wheel the rest of your life, your goal should include skilled electrolysis care or laser reduction (if you are a good candidate for laser). Put your focus on one area initially and then move forward to another area later.

Thanks for the feedback! and I was sceptical about this product to be honest.
Maybe I have no choice then to save up al 'lil and have a laser treatment done. Other than that I don’t know what to do :s

If you are looking to have work done on your face, LASER should NOT be your first stop. Unless you have a jungle of hair all over your body (and even then…) LASER still should not be your first thought.

What??? Are you telling me that laser is not the way to go for permanent hair removal on my body?

I’m confused.

Feeding: It is James’ opinion that he believes laser is unnecessary because electrolysis is a more reliable option. This is true, electrolysis has a 100% success rate, whereas laser has more like a 60-90% success rate for good candidates, and as low as 0% success on poor candidates, plus more side-effects.

However, for large areas is is very common to treat with laser first, then finish with electrolysis to kill the thin hairs that laser couldn’t quite kill (laser is faster and usually significantly cheaper). There are electrologists on this board who recommend laser first, and there are some that strongly advise against laser (because all they see in their practice are the people for whom laser didn’t work well).

I believe it is a personal, medical choice. No opinion is more valid than any other as long as you are aware of requirements and risks for laser (I’ve had laser and am beyond thrilled with how well it’s going, but I also have had great results with electrolysis).

Ah I get his point. But if I choose to begin with electrolysis it’ll be a long and time consuming procedure. I’d rather start with laser.

I got a question: I’ve got some excessive hair on my underarms (actually over my whole body lol) is it possible to just thin it out with laser on the arms? or will this make it unnatural looking?

Thanks!

You can thin the hair with laser as long as you make sure there are no missed patches (look for 100% shedding at the three week mark, and any hair that doesn’t shed should be touched up) and that you don’t have a full course of treatments (Just have two and see how it grows in after that). Thinning is probably a bit trickier on underarms because the hair is so dark and coarse there that it responds VERY well to laser and is killed almost too easily.

It’s certainly possible, but it’s also possible that you might not get the results you had in mind.

So it’s a risky operation you say. Have there ever been someone who has done this successfully?

Maybe I shouldn’t do this at all out of fear of the unnatural look.