Help! itchy as hell

I’ve had 3 treatments on my full arms, overall I am pretty happy since most of the hair is gone. After second treatment, I had very minor small patches of hair, and most of the hair turned out to be very fine and hardly visible. I had my 3rd treatment done a couple of days ago, and they increased the settings since it was my third treatment, and not going to lie it did hurt a lot. I didn’t burn my skin or anything, but I do have small bumps on my forearm area as if it was like mosquito bites, and it’s itching really bad…

I’ve been avoiding sun as completely, wearing full sleeve shirts, and also taking cold showers in the last couple of days just to avoid making the situation worst. Any advice what to do? It’s starting to itch a lot :frowning:

Itching with high settings is totally normal. It sounds bizarre, but it’s actually a histamine reaction. Laser can also dry out your skin a bit which can intensify the itch for some people. When I get laser it can be so itchy in some areas that I have to use cortisone cream to keep from scratching it. Many places provide this cream to their patients in anticipation of the itchies, but if yours didn’t then you can get some cheap cream from the drugstore. It’s just any brand of cortisone cream meant to reducing the itching of allergic reactions and bug bites.

Don’t use it for more than a few days though. The itching should be gone within the week anyway.

Good luck!

Chris M, Please keep us posted on your treatments. Do you have before pics? It’d be great and very useful to see a full arms treatment documented. What laser are you using? Settings? Thanks!

I’d recommend buying some pure clear aloe vera gel and cool it in the fridge. Then apply a few times a day. Icing can also help.

This reaction is pretty normal. It would only be worrysome if it lasted more than a few days.

Hi everyone,

I’m new to this forum but have read many threads which are extremely helpful!

Three days ago (Jan. 28th), I had my first brazillian “laser” hair removal treatment. It was also my first time shaving the area, although I had waxed there before. (I put “laser” in quotes because they told me if was a ND Yag machine, when in fact, it was a Sciton BBLS, which I believe is an IPL. I talk about this issue in a separate thread:
http://www.hairtell.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/95499/Searchpage/1/Main/12942/Words/dermedica/Search/true/Re_Sciton_NDyag_Coolglide_Cute.html#Post95499).

The treatment for me was extremely painful - to the point that I almost yelped and squirmed with each “zap”. I’ve had my underarms done before and it was uncomfortable, but not this painful. Is it just because this is a more sensitive area or was the setting too high or did I not shave closely enough?

Also, starting two nights ago, I’ve had this INSANE itch! I tried Aloe (which doesn’t help), an ice pack (which provides some temporary relief), and allergy pills for hives (which doesn’t help). There are small raised bumps in the area but it’s the itchiness that I can’t stand! I never had this problem when I had my underarms done. Is this normal?

How long will this itch last? I can’t even sleep at night and I can’t stop scratching (I know this is bad to do)!

I’m even comtemplating not going for any further treatments because it was so painful and now, so itchy. :frowning:

Are you cooling the Aloe Vera in the fridge? Cortisone would help as well.

Thanks LAgirl! I tried cortisone last night and it took a while to work and it worked for a bit but I still woke up in the middle of the night itching…

I’ll try the cold Aloe Vera tonight. Hopefully this goes away soon! I’m feeling so discouraged!

I have the same problem too. I have developed some itchy red bumps 1 weeks after my 2nd E-light hair removal treatment. Nothing happened for the 1st treatment, and it is the same lady doing it. She told me she even lowered the energy a little for the 2nd treatment. Nothing happen after the treatment but only after 1 week after the treatment. The worst part is, I am going to the beach 2 days later, what should i do now?

I have the same problem too. I have developed some itchy red bumps 1 weeks after my 2nd E-light hair removal treatment. Nothing happened for the 1st treatment, and it is the same lady doing it. She told me she even lowered the energy a little for the 2nd treatment. Nothing happen after the treatment but only after 1 week after the treatment. The worst part is, I am going to the beach 2 days later, what should i do now?