Help in choosing!

Hi all…i am a bit confused.

I have pretty dark hair on my breast and tummy (due to frequernt plucking) and would like to use an epilator instead…plucking makes the skin around dark and scarred :frowning:

Should I buy a regular size one OR a smaller facial hair one for these areas? My legs hardly have any hair so I am ok with shaving …pls help!

Also if I am used to the pain from manual plucking…would the pain from the epilator be very bad as these areas are very sensitive ?

Where i am from, we dun have any other brands except bruan and philips…

thanks a lot in advance!

Monday:

If your getting marks on your skin where your tweezing I think your over tweezing and damageing the skin.
Now if your getting ingrowns a few days after tweezing then I would say your getting ingrown hairs. If this is the case, you need to exfolate every single day to prevent them. Note: With tweezing/epilating/threading you exfoilate everday anyway.

As for a epilator, I myself and a few others like the Emjoi Optima but others might be close as this model.
Like anything else there is a small learning curve. Also, you could use the epliator on your legs or anywhere place else that has unwanted hair, so you will never have stubs from shaving ever again.

thanks for the reply…we dun have the brand u mentioned but most likely will get the bruan one…

one point i have been wondering…if epilating is removing hair at the roots…isn’t it the same as plucking??

</font><blockquote><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>quote:</font><hr /><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>Originally posted by Monday:
<strong>thanks for the reply…we dun have the brand u mentioned but most likely will get the bruan one…

one point i have been wondering…if epilating is removing hair at the roots…isn’t it the same as plucking??</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>Braun is a well known name.

Yes Tweezing/Epilating/Waxing/Threading are basicly the same method of removing hair folicoles by the root, just a little different way of doing it.

Be sure you exfoilate everyday during your normal shower.

Just to update…i finally got my epilator and tried on my tummy…must say it didn;t hurt for me one bit…maybe becus i am used to plucking…

was fantastic…left the skin soft too…except that the shorter hair coldn’t be taken out…otherwise its perfect!