Help! How do I get rid of the white spots?

I had laser hair removal performed on my legs and was always told to be out of the sun a minimum of 2 weeks prior to my appointments. I followed this rule because I did not want to experience what I am now. As I was nearing the last of my treatments the laser was turned up and I believe that this may be the cause for the loss of pigment on my legs. It has been several 6 months and the spots have faded some, but they are still very noticeable. I was advised in March to artificially tan to bring more pigment into the white spots. I sure would love to wear skirts this summer without all the long stares at my legs. Now, if people were staring for some other reason, that would be fine. LOL.

Is there anything I can do to restore my legs back to the even skin color?

Thanks so much for your help.

As has been pointed out in numerous places here on the site, this is a common and unpredictable result of LASER treatment.

this is not the result of unpredictability of laser. it is once again the result of a misinformed consumer due to a questionable clinic and laser operator. you are supposed to stay out of the sun FOR THE ENTIRE DURATION OF YOUR LASER TREATMENTS, not just 2 weeks prior. Laser is attracted to pigment, so you are supposed to keep the area as light as possible the entire time. What happened is that you came in too tanned and they still treated you.

Pigmentation will go away, but it will take time. It could take several months etc. There are some over the counter creams to help speed it up or you can see your dermatologist for something stronger.

If you are going to be having any more treatments, please use sunblock on any area you are treating and try avoiding exposing it to the sun altogether.

p.s. you do not need to post the same post more than once. we will answer it.