Help for a guy's hairy back, belly, arms

I am 34 years old, I am European, I have fitzpatrick type 2-3 skin. I have a problem with excessive hair on my back and arms, which bothers me and takes away my self-confidence. The hair there is dark black in my opinion. I have been waxing my back and arms since I was a teenager. Now I have been trying to remove them with a laser for 2.5 years. I have currently undergone 10 treatments with the Candela Alexandrit laser. The last 2 treatments were with sweat of 32 joules. Hair normally falls out after 2 weeks. Then, after about 6 months, everything gradually returns. Why is it like that ? Are the settings too low? Recently I started testing elktrolize on one of the arms on the Biomak EP 200 machine with a blend setting of 1.5 Ma and the maximum HF settings that this machine has. I hit one hair 2-3 times and the hair still comes back. I’m asking for help, what should I do? Go to the doctor?

If you have lighter skin and darker hair, then there’s no reason that laser shouldn’t have had some effect. If you have a lot of dense hair in the treatment areas, then I would consider seeking other opinions from laser providers. There may be a solution in using different settings on an alexandrite laser or even switching to a diode. Laser would help immensely in reducing the time you ultimately may spend on electrolysis, so I think it’s very worthwhile.

I haven’t heard of this Biomak machine, but it looks like it might be legitimate. Those settings look extremely questionable though. Hair that is successfully treated will not grow back, so there is either an issue with your treatment, or the hair you see growing back is from a different growth cycle.

I think you should look into laser again with a more reputable place if possible.

1 Like

Laser settings seem very effective, but your age.

For men, full hair growth pattern will stop developing until around mid 30’s, like around 35 or 36 YO

For more info, pls visit best laser hair removal Upwey Melbourne VIC Australia | Upwey Beauty, Laser & Electrolysis Permanent Hair Removal

I have been going for treatments for over a year. At the beginning, the interval between treatments was 6 weeks, currently the last treatment was 7-8 weeks ago with settings of 30-32 joul 3ms. In my opinion, my back is as overgrown as it was before the treatments in terms of the amount of hair. Only their appearance has changed - they are no longer so dark. Is it possible for me to gain so much hair in 2 years? I am currently 34 years old. I’ve had hair on my back since I was 18. These two years probably don’t make that much of a difference anymore. I have dark blonde hair on my head. Is it possible that the hair follicles are not black enough? The hair that grows back is light at first, but then becomes longer, reaching about 2-3 centimeters with dark ends. Maybe I should switch to electrolysis, please help

U can continue doing laser as long as u hv experienced the above 2 events until you are after around 36 YO. Then u should see either:
i) 85-95% permanent hair reduction for the rest of your life OR
ii) 85-95% hair reduction for at least 4-6 yrs after your last session

Electrology is the only permanent hair removal treatment.

Why don’t you post some pics of your hair type. There aren’t enough details to understand what are the laser type and parameters being used. 32 joules is not saying much without spot size and laser type.

As for your attempt at doing blend electrolysis on yourself (?) There are so many factors and variables at play that it’s difficult to start understanding what you’re doing right and wrong but you should not be using 1mA DC with Max HF, that’s going to scar you. I would say after close to to 3 years of laser, you should try saving up and using that money on professional electrolysis.

Processing: 20221108_100719.jpg…
It looks just like in the photo. After the laser, hair always falls out, stays calm for 2-3 weeks and then gradually grows back. After 6 weeks it’s full. The laser used is GentleMax. I performed 10 treatments 6 weeks apart. The last treatment was at 32 joules (spot size 12 mm) for 3-5 ms. I’m asking for help, what should I do? The hair on my back is ruining my private life. I added a photo, I can take another one. The hair on the back, belly and chest is black. However, on the head there is dark blonde. The hair that grows back seems thinner, not thicker.

You don’t have coarse and dense hair, so that’s a factor against laser not producing significant reduction. Were all your treatments on 12mm spot? They should have been using 18mm spot, because large spot penetrates deeper than 12mm. Because you don’t appear to have the density at least in this phase of regrowth, electrolysis shouldn’t be a big challenge to have your back cleared.

1 Like

It looked like below 1 Treatment 16 Joul 18 mm. 2 Treatment 18 Joul 18 mm. 3 Treatment 20 Joul 18 mm. 4 Treatment 20 Joul 18 mm. 5 Treatment 22 Joul 18 mm. 6 Treatment 22 Joul 18 mm. 7 Treatment 28 Joul 12mm. 8 Treatment 30 Joul 12 mm. 9 Treatment 30 Joul 12 mm. 10 Treatment 32 Joul 12 mm