Healing scars from electrolysis

Hi,

I have got quite a bit of scars on my face( mainly neck) due to the bad technique used by my previous electrologist.

The new Electrologist i am getting my treatment done from, is not giving me any serious scars.I am thinking of pausing the treatment for a month and in between use retinol along with alpha arbutin serum for 2 weeks and then wait for week and get a new session done on my fresh.

Not considering laser as there is lot treatment still left to be done face.

Would be this good idea to implement or are there any other ways which kind of reduce marks and pigmentation around the inserted area?

Thanks in Advance

Would you mind posting a photo of the treated area?

I’m with you, David. We really like photos here on Hairtell. What clients call scars are not scars, but rather the characteristics of the healing skin. All normal. It is hard to comment without quality photos, so come on!

IMG_20240223_112352
When i got electrolysis done for first time, i only had small red dots and it healed with time. This picture us not clearly showing the darkness of the scar. I will try upload some other pictures also. But when I got from the other one, the size of dot is very noticeable and it left dark mark. This doesn’t feel right to me

Please give your thought

Some more pictures. this is 4 days after treatment

To me it appears that you’re developing ingrown hairs on your neck which should not be happening. Do you feel any tweezing during treatments there? And that circled area is definitely over treated and should be given lots of time to heal. It will improve and hopefully not scar. I would not use Retinols or acids while you’re undergoing treatments as retinols can be drying and make skin more sensitive. You can use products that help with healing like tea tree oil and zinc oxide based healing ointments such as Triple Paste or Sudocrem.