Healing progress! Any thoughts?

This one month since my last treatment. Am I properly healing? Is there anything topical I should apply? Please, help if you can. Thank you!

Im not an electrologist but this looks like post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation to me.
I am having the same problem (except 10x worst with some pitting, too) and I might post some photos once I figure out how to post a new thread myself. I cant figure it out.
Ive heard back from some dermatologists that rx-only hydroquinone cream can solve this issue, but it can take 6 months to a year, and that in a year the issue might slowly fade away to nothing anyways.
Again, I am not an electrologist, but I come from a medical background. You have such little facial hair that if I were you I would just wax and forget about this. You’re fortunate. I’ll probably take some heat for that last statement about just waxing, but, for real, I wouldn’t do electrolysis fort hat much hair, if it was me. Peace.

Hey there! Thanks so much for your response! It took me forever to figure out how to use this website to post. I’ll try to explain it to you in my next comment. Do you think I’m going to scar? I need to ask about that rx.

Click the hair tell icon from this page and there’s a create post thing!

2 Likes

But yeah I 100% regret electrolysis. I don’t even get why people do this. I came in thinking it was so safe and no scarring was involved 100% trust based off what I read. And my electrologist had good reviews too. And she may be good but this obviously damaging to skin. Also I find it hilariously ironic that the hyperpigmentation from this looks like a 5 o’clock shadow.

Electrolysis IS safe and has been proven so in countless studies. Key factor: Electrolysis must be performed by a SKILLED practitioner. I believe your skin will smooth out over time and hyperpigmentation will fade away completely. Some clients are prone to hyperpigmentation while others are not. Hyperpigmentation and small skin dents and dings are temporary and can be a normal part of the healing process for some clients. These temporary side effects should have been disclosed to you prior to starting treatment. If a client is not willing to put up with temporary side effects to achieve permanent hair removal, they are not a good candidate for the procedure.

1 Like

I dont think that scarring will be an issue here. Hyperpigmentation isnt true scarring, its just increased melanin production in an area where you had a lot of repetitious minor trauma and subsequent inflammation. I expect you to make a complete recovery at 6 months- 1 year time.

Keep a gentle moisturizer with spf30+ on that and use some alcohol free toner on that 2-3x/day. Keep sunlight exposure to an absolute minimum.

Rest easy. Dont do any laser on this while it heals. I forgot to include in my prior post, I would shave for the first few weeks and use wax after that. Shaving causes minimum irritation/inflammation. There are nice electric ones made for women with hirsuitism/PCOS/genetic facial hair/etc. Flawless’ Finishing Touch is a nice one.

Hey, I’ve been trying to post as well but I’m unable to understand how. Would appreciate your help with this.

From this patch click the hair tell logo… after that I think you can see add post! It’s super confusing!

I can see that. I do think my particular electrologist overworked the area. Thank you for the opinion, I really do hope it heals without any scarring. I thought the healing process would be a bit faster!

gasp Shaving?! In the past it’s just made things worse for me. Am I just doing it wrong? Because my hair is perceivably thicker and like darker afterwards.

Have you talked to your primary care doctor about the issue yet? The issue is often hormonal and can be resolved. I recommend shaving just to avoid further inflaming the tissue for now. What youre seeing is just stubble if you even have enough to cause that; shaving doesnt increase the density of hair follicles at all, its an “old wives tale”. Give it 4-6 weeks after the trauma then you can wax without trouble. I dont see permanent scarring being an issue. Even if you do have residual redness or small (to me, invisible) dents after a year, you can have one single fraxel treatment, which will resolve the issue. Rest easy.

1 Like