having electrolysis

I have been waxing my upper lip, chin, stomach, and pubic area for about a year now some areas like the stomach and pubic have gotten better but the lip and chin are a little worst(not to much but it is not like it was). I hate hair and want it gone for a long time now I just want to know the effects of electrolysis and the cost. Can anyone help?

Electrolysis is a good option for the chin and upper lip. You may also find it helps to do it in conjunction with Vaniqa, but Vaniqa doesn’t work for every woman.

The upper lip can really hurt with electrolysis, so I usually recommend using a topical pain reliever like EMLA or ELA-Max.

Electrolysis costs about 50 cents to $2.000 a minute, with an average just above a dollar. The facial hair you have is the hardest type to kill, so you’ll probably need to go in once or twice a month for 15 minutes to 2 hours, over the couse of 6 months to two years. I know that’s a huge amount of variables, but much depends on how much hair you have, the skill of the person you choose, the amount of time and money you can spend, etc. Everyone responds differently to electrolysis, so you need to do a lot of research before choosing a practitioner, then commit to a course of treatments that may take a while. That’s why it’s so important to do your homework-- your choice of electrologists will be the biggest factor in how long it takes, how much your spend, and how your skin looks when you’re done.

This may be typical but my costs for electrolysis run at $1.10 per minute but I buy a 3 hour block of time and get a reduction in the costs. 3 hours block of time, to be used at intervals I want.

I have had a total of 2 treatments, the first was 2 hours and the second was 1 1/2 hours.

As far as efects of electrolysis, well it leaves my skin a little sensitive for a few days. I’ve had a very small amount of scabbing but no real complaints.

I find it to be a little uncomfortable but not painfull, but then again I didn’t find laser treatement to be too painfull either.