Have I Hit the Wall?

I am a 28-year-old male, and I have been having flash thermolysis done for about a year. I am removing hair above and below the beard line on my cheeks and neck. I have been very happy with the results so far. When I used to run my fingers along my cheeks, I experienced a very unnatural stubbly sensation. Now my cheeks are soft and the darker, coarser hairs are gone. However, I have A TON of lighter hairs on my cheeks (from my ears all the way to the bridge of my nose) - it looks like there are HUNDREDS od them when I look in my maginified mirror, and in certain lights it is very prominent even in a regular bathroom mirror. I get very depressed when I see this because I feel like I am never going to get rid of these lighter hairs. My electrologist says there is no point in treating the lighter hairs because they are not in the growth phase. Is there any hope in getting rid of these lighter hairs. They just make me feel abnormal and disgusting!

Dear Theatre00,

Something that happens with many electrology clients is that they are constantly examining their area of concern. Since you are so intimately involved with removing hair in this area, you are on constant watch of the area.

While your goal was to remove all the dark, stubbly hairs, it seems as if there should be absolutely no hair in the area. Attractive skin is not devoid of hair - not of fine, light hair, that is. The fine, light hairs give your skin a soft appearance.

What I believe is that your are being too critical of yourself. You are not alone in doing this. Many people focus on something and then spend time worrying about it.

Barbara,

Thank you for the quick reply. I think you are right; I do seem to obsess with the areas I have had treated. We definitely live in a “magic wand” society where we expect every problem to be solved immediately and perfectly.

Some of the blonde hairs are quite long, but I definitely look better than I used to. I guess I need to be thankful for that! God blessed me with the option to have electrolysis - an option many others in a similar situation may not have.