Has anyone completed the electrolysis program in Moncton, New Brunswick?

Hello,

I’m very interested in signing up for the electrolysis program offered by Medes College in Moncton, New Brunswick. The program consists of 300 hours of theory that can be done from home and 40 hours of hands-on practice at the school.

Has anyone completed this particular program?

I’ve been a long time electrolysis client - thank you, PCOS. My electrologist is retiring next year and she’s the only one in town.

Thank you for your feedback and help :slight_smile:

Thanks for your post!
I’m from Moncton, sorta, I spent all of my teen years in the maritimes based out of Moncton. I actually bought land there to retire to near prosser brook . In my planningI did consider moving my practice from Ottawa but two things stop this in it’s tracks, first, I couldnt find a single other electrologist in the city , and assumeably in such a small city there wouldnt be a large market for my services.

As for Medes,a couple things come to mind.First, why have a school ( and does iteven operate the course) for a professional population of 0? What does this say about the value of the course? What is the cost? 300 hours is not terrible, but it’s minimalized. $0 hours of practical, yes, is pretty low.

I’d recommend one of either Dectro School in Quebec City, or where I did mine at Swansons Canadian Institute of Electrolysis ( for the theory portion) . I can potentially help you out with some practical instruction either here in Ottawa or in Moncton if I’ve landed and set up by then. I should say, I hope to be retiring in 5-10 years . Swansons did offer a distance learning course , I’m not certain now as the school has changed hands but I could putyou in touch with them potentially.

Seana

1 Like

Hello! Thanks so much for responding. There’s only a 40 hour in-person component which isn’t a lot of hands-on practice, as you already know - and that’s if clients even come in during your time there. I messaged the school this week and the course is about 1 300$ CAD + tax. Again, my only worry is the lack of hands-on practice.

Let me know if and when you land in Moncton because I’d definitely be interested in meeting. I live in a wayyy smaller town than Moncton in New Brunswick and I’ll actually ask my electrologist if she’s busy with electrolysis clients - she’s also a licensed esthetician so she offers other services as well.

Electrolysis has been a huge help because of my PCOS but you brought a good point about the potential lack of interested clients in my area. Most people prefer laser. I went for laser for my facial hair when I was younger and it made it worse!

Thanks again !

I also looked into Dectro after going through this forum. It’s also 300 hours of theory + an entire month at one of their schools for hands-on practice, but with work I can’t afford to take an entire month off unfortunately. That course is around 3 500$ + accommodation for a month for the practical component.

I can understand why someone with PCOS would find electrolysis services so useful.

There is an Atlantic Association for electrologists, I’d need to look it up but starting there might be a good point tostart that path. I’d also re-enforce the distance learning option from Swansons.
Learning infection control is a very good basis . Look up the Ontario guides put out by Ontario Public Health entitled “Infection Control in the Personal Service Setting” . to guide you. This is usually critically undertaught in Electrolysis schools and is CRUCIAL!

I’m actually in Prosser Brook the first 3 weeksof July, unfortunately I’ll be too busy to meet as I will be camping on my land and clearing the way for a cabin.What town are you from? We had property up near Browns Yard / Fords Mills and in Moncton and other places when I was growing up .

I will look that up thanks so much! No worries, hope you enjoy your time in nature. I’m from the Edmundston area - so about a 4 hour drive north west - right before Quebec. There’s a wellness studio in Moncton that I love - Souluma on Main Street. My spinal energetics practitioner (energy work) is there and they have a lovely infrared sauna, if you’re into that.