Hairy Me :(

Hi, I just joined today after lurking for a month or so. I’m really glad to see I am not alone in this HORRIBLE hair problem. This site is heaven sent! Ok, a little about my background.I’m 20 years old. Since I was arond 8, I’ve noticed I was more hairer than most girls my age. I went to a private school where we wore uniform skirts. Most girls would be wearting little cute ankle socks, while I was wearing opaque white or black tights. When I got a little older, I was always embarrassed to go swimming in front of people. I’d have to shave and shave, just to have it grow back overnight and start the process all over again :frowning:
I use a home wax kit right now, but I’m thinking of changing to epilating because waxing is so messy and time consuming! Also, I usually can’t get all the hairs at once. What makes it worse is that I have light skin and DARK hair. Can there be a worse match?? I think not.
What I’m really concerned about is if my body will become even more hairier. I’ve read posts from other women saying that they noticed excessive body hair growth in their late teens or early twenties. I’m not sure if they were already had a problem beforehand. Well anyway, I just wanted to vent so thanks for listening and I’m very happy to have joined!

Welcome, and it is good to know you have found probably the most ‘genuine’ group with the best ‘real’ advice and experience to share…

I cannot comment specifically on your problems, I don’t have any experience with an epilator but I know you will find the best information here with which to make your decisions…

Good luck,

David

We are glad to have you as a new official “Card Carrying” member of the group!

The bad news is that everyone gets more hair as they age. Men get it in places like their ears, and on thier noses, women get more hair in the places they have had trouble in the past, although leg hair tends to thin out, or dissappear because the circulation in the legs gets to be poorer in the later years.

The good news is that if you start your permanent hair removal now, you will always be on top of any new hair growth when it starts, because you will have taken away all the previous stuff long before.

Of course, I believe that you should find the best electrologist in your area (no small task in most places) and get this problem taken care of so that you can enjoy your life without thinking about your hair anymore. I will also concede that you sound like the perfect candidate for laser treatments. Deep dark hair on bright white skin is the best case situation for laser hair removal. Having said that, I will reiterate that in my opinion, the average result with laser does not equal the avarage result with electrolysis, when you have the work done by a practitioner of average competence.

</font><blockquote><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>quote:</font><hr /><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>
I use a home wax kit right now, but I’m thinking of changing to epilating because waxing is so messy and time consuming! Also, I usually can’t get all the hairs at once. What makes it worse is that I have light skin and DARK hair.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>Why dont you do both? Thats what I used to do! First I used to wax. After washing off the gunk then I got out the epilator and epilated away the little fine hairs.

I have the same problem as you on my legs, my legs are so white and the hairs are coarse and black. Its probably because they hardly get any sun exposure!