Hairy Cheeks, need help!!!

Hi well here is my situaution. I seem to have a lot of hair growth on the upper part of my cheeks, goes right the way up to just below my eyes. I didn’t want to shave, as i didn’t want my stubble going that far up. So i started plucking this hair away about 6 or 7 years ago. I pluck twice a week, as the hair seems to be coming back quicker now, and it takes about an hr each time to pluck the cheeks. Anyway i’m finding the hair is coming back quicker, and a lot coraser, and there seems to be some scarring there as well now. I’m also finding that a lto f the time, the hair just won’t get fully plucked so what i’m left with is little black dots, where the hair has snapped. I have tried exfoliating, and am now at the end of my tether. I can’t afford laser hair removal, and the plucking and scarring is becoming too much for me. Any idea or help on what i should do would me much appreciated, many thanks.

What i should add is that i don’t mind the plucking, if anyone knows of any products that will reduce the scarring, or techniques, that pluck all the hair and don’t leave the balck dots on top of or under the skin. Thanks.

The good news about tweezing is that it doesn’t cost that much and it is something you can do at home.

Hopefully you have a good pair of tweezers. If the hair below the skin is breaking off, that in turn can cause bumps, color changes and even scarring as the blunt edges of the hair try to push their way through the small follicle opening. The hair should be graspsed at the base of the hair where the the hair starts to come out of the skin to avoid breakage below.

Pluck correctly. Make sure your tweezers are of good quality and is clean (better sterile though) each time you pluck. Pluck the hair in the direction it grows, but do cleanse your skin before and after to avoid infection > color changes > scarring.

Repeated tweezing can cause the hair to grow deeper, darker (in some cases) and coarser over a period of time. You pointed that out already. If you want a permanent solution this area can be handled well by a professional electrologist. Do you live in the United States? If you would care to give us a general idea of where you live, then perhaps some of our readers can give you the heads up on who you could get a consultation with about your problem.

Harry cheeks are no problem for a professional electrologist.

Dee

I will paste this here, as I already answered this same question word for word that you just sent me in a private e-mail.

"Hi sati.

This is a temporary hair removal product, just like the act of threading, waxing or plucking. Any time you pulll the hair out by the root, blood rushes to the area to repair the damamge/trauma to the hair follicle. Blood contains hormones. Hormones can serve to stimulate hair growth and then you have a real mess on your face, down the road.

When you rip hair from the follicles on the FACE, hair will NOT get thinner and sparser, if anything, it will become deeper, darker and sturdier. The ad says just the opposite. They are being untruthful with you, the consumer, when they report that your hair will become finer on your face. That is something we try to fight everyday here on hairtell.

I wouldn’t be taken up by the hype from this manufacturer as you will make your problem worse in the long term.

Thanks and take heed,

Dee "

Gosh, some electrologist will certainly have some great clients in the future to clean up the mess if you have given this product to 14 other relatives and friends.