Hairy 19 year old

I’m 19 year old student from Texas, who suffers from the Austin Powers look, blown out chest hair that is. At about 17 i noticed a very thin follicled yet thick covering of hair over my shoulders and upper back…I’m not a fan of being hairy, especially during the winter months cause I’m light complected and have very thick dark curly body hair…I’m not too rich since I am a student and i know i will get some biased due to writing this in lazor hair removal, but what method would anyone suggest for getting rid of the man fur on my chest and upper back??? johnshaft000@yahoo.com

Alan: If you are short of money and must spread the hair removal over a period of time, I think electrolysis. You can schedule appointments from 15 minutes up to several hours and only pay as you go. I had all my chest hair done over a period of time and I am so happy with the result.The problem is that as you see results, you begin spending more money on this rather than on other things to get it over with. Anyway get rid of it by some permanent method. You will never regret it.

I suggest try temporary method now, and wait until you got all your hair grown out then start with laser.
My calculation showed that Laser is a lot cheaper than electrolysis.

I suggest you try waxing now.

Hey,

I had the same problem. At 19 I noticed that I’m starting to grow back and shoulder hair and by then I’ve saved up enough money for laser hair removal. I had one treatment for neck and shoulders and the doc told me that I didn’t have much hair on my shoulders at all. I still went ahead and removed it. I was happy and hair free for a couple of months until it started regrowing. I realized that it’s useless to do hair removal on that area now because many of the hairs aren’t mature yet. Even worse, if I had removed all those hairs then, when more hairs grew around them I would have a bold spot on my back and then I’d have to remove the rest of it. So I decided to wait until all the hairs matured, and resorted to temporary shaving/waxing/depilatory creams. I’m still waiting, hoping to get started sometime late this year (once my tan fades), I’ll be 22.

That’s my story.

Yeah I’m thinkin permanent now, I’ve done waxing and shaving and depilitories…so forth, but am not enjoying the never ending struggle of ridding myself of my “hairsuit.” I’ve heard of bad things associated with electrolysis such as scaring and burning of the flesh and what not, but do not know much about laser…I was wondering if someone might be able to explain more to me on it and maybe quote me some rough estimates for cost of laser vs. electro?

I don’t know if the cost to get rid of all your hair is more by use of electrolysis or by laser. The big difference is that you can buy into cheaper treatment sessions with electrolysis than with laser. It may take longer and over all may cost more;but if you are short of money you can get some hair removed vs having to save longer to afford a laser session.

</font><blockquote><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>quote:</font><hr /><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>Originally posted by Alan:
<strong>… I’ve heard of bad things associated with electrolysis such as scaring and burning of the flesh and what not, but do not know much about laser…</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>Both methods are to destory your hair roots, and electrolysis requires inserting needle (okay, they call it probes) into your body, and requires extra care afterwards.
Scaring may happened in both electrolysis and laser. To avoid these, follow the aftercare instruction and more importantly, choose a good practitioner.