Hair removal & SRS, GRS or vaginoplasty

I hv post the following VDO to help clients understand why they need to ensure that all hair is completely permanently removed. It must be ensure that every single hair is really gone before SRS, taking into account of hair growth cycle that not every hair will grow out at one time & laser/IPL hair removal can delay hair growth upto many years.

What will it be like to have coarse pubic hair growth in unaccessible area after SRS?
https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=2234568503257299

1 Like

Very helpful video, thinou.

SRS clients SHOULD NOT RUSH their hair removal! It takes 18-24 months to know that every hair is gone for good, if laser or IPL was not part of the equation.

This has become so common, and so commonly followed blindly by most transpeople, that I’ve given up trying to convince people to do hair removal prior to GRS… My Transguys, yes they get through it ( either before or after ) but your average transgirl will believe anything these surgeons tell them. I’ve tried for the last few years to convince many to do hair removal first, and in most cases I get them coming back after surgery at which point, its too late. I will only do outer areas post surgically now because I dont feel the results are worth the time , discomfort and money investment to do otherwise and because I have degenerative disk disease and cant do the long uncomfortable sessions to perform it post surgically.
IT may sound harsh, but these transpeople have a choice. They can get good hair removal pre-surgically. but choose to blindly follow their surgeons advice. and ignore the advice of the people actually doing the hair removal. Dr Brossard/ BElanger’s clinic in montreal has been telling patients for years that hair removal presurgically is not necessary and can be done after for anything “not destroyed during the scrape” . I’ve had to tell dozens of post surgical clients that no, I wont do it, no, I dont know anyone who can or who will. But in the end if they consulted with me before, I advise them to do it beforehand and that doing so after most likely will not be feasible, and they choose to ignore that and follow the surgeons advice, then I have no obligation to hurt myself trying to do what I advised against in the first place. It is what it is, they have made their decisions, and now must live with the results.

Also Nora, could you put a content warning on that video? It was very uncomfortable to open it and immediately see a scalpel cutting skin ( one of my biggest phobia’s). I couldnt close that wndow fast enough.

Seana

Electrologists are not listened to in general. I have a client that does not want to do electrolysis on his back and wants to do laser instead, in spite of the fact that he has an abundance of red hair and has been warned that it will not work. After explaining that red hair does not have enough melanin (I used the term “color density” for simplification) for the laser to achieve permanent hair reduction, his reply was “I might try it anyway, it might work.” Although frustrating and difficult to do, I need to give up feeling personally responsible for what clients do that is not in their best interest.