~hair regrowth after using alexandrite lasers~

I’ve been researching alexandrite lasers, because I’ve decided on using the Apogee 9300 (or 6200) laser. All of the data that I’ve read mentions absolutely nothing about what condition the patients’ hair is in after 1 year. Most of the observations stop at 3-months after the final treatment. So I’m wondering if anybody knows anything about hair regrowth after a year of being treated with Apogee lasers or any other alexandrite laser, because I’m really anxious to know; particularly concerning facial hair (my hair is really stubborn… after waxing, the hair usually starts growing back the next day). >

I have an overview of the published clinical data here:

Hairfacts: alexandrite laser medical data

I’ve been to that site before, and all their observations only go up to 3-months after the final treatment.
Thanks for the advice though…

Hairfacts is a site of mine as well.

There are five studies listed on that page that make observations to 6 months or more and one with follow-up at 12 months.

</font><blockquote><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>quote:</font><hr /><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”> A mid-range study observed 25-47% reduction at 4 to 6 months after 1 or 2 treatments in various areas. [8] A similar study found 66% reduction at 1 month, 27% reduction at 3 months, and 4% reduction at 6 months. [9]

One study of treatment at the bikini found an average of 43% reduction at 6 months plus “one growth cycle” after a single treatment, with 60% of sites having greater than 30%. [10] Another study with five bikini treatments observed 78% reduction at 12 months after final treatment. [11] One study comparing long and short pulsewidths observed about 33% reduction at 6 months for both pulsewidths. [12] This was also observed in a study observing 60% to 80% reduction at 6 months after 3 treatments. [13] Damage to follicles was confirmed in one thorough histological analysis. [14]
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>McDaniel DH, Lord J, Ash K, Newman J, Zukowski M. Laser hair removal: a review and report on the use of the long-pulsed alexandrite laser for hair reduction of the upper lip, leg, back, and bikini region. Dermatologic Surgery. 1999 Jun;25(6):425-30.
9. Nanni CA, Alster TS. Long-pulsed alexandrite laser-assisted hair removal at 5, 10, and 20 millisecond pulse durations. Lasers in Surgery and Medicine. 1999;24(5):332-7.
10. Laughlin SA, Dudley DK. Long-term Hair removal using a 3-millesecond alexandrite laser. Journal of Cutaneous Medicine and Surgery. 2000 Apr;4(2):83-88.
11. Lloyd JR, Mirkov M. Long-term evaluation of the long-pulsed alexandrite laser for the removal of bikini hair at shortened treatment intervals. Dermatologic Surgery. 2000 Jul;26(7):633-7.
12. Goldberg DJ, Ahkami R. Evaluation comparing multiple treatments with a 2-msec and 10-msec alexandrite laser for hair removal. Lasers in Surgery and Medicine. 1999;25(3):223-8.
13. Boss WK Jr, Usal H, Thompson RC, Fiorillo MA. A comparison of the long-pulse and short-pulse Alexandrite laser hair removal systems. Annals of Plastic Surgery. 1999 Apr;42(4):381-4.
14. Ono I, Tateshita T. Histopathological changes in the hair follicle after irradiation of long-pulse alexandrite laser equipped with a cooling device. European Journal of Dermatology. 2000 Jul-Aug;10(5):373-8.

Thanks Andrea! I guess i was looking specifically for data on facial hair, but this data helps a lot.
I’m also looking into electrolysis, and I was wondering what your choice would be between alexandrite lasers and electrolysis. I have dark hair and light skin (good adavantage), but like I said in one of my previous posts, my hair is really stubborn and nothing stands in its way of growing. >|
I’m new to this site and to this whole “permanent” hair removal stuff, so I really appreciate your help.